Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
How do you know others on this board haven't been falsely accused of things they didn't do? How do you know people on this board haven't been in leadership positions when sexual misconduct allegations by subordinates were brought to them?
Yes, you do blindly follow what JR is saying on this. By your own admission your opinion was formed only by what he said. You did not look at the report to the BoR. You did not do any other research into what other investigations had been done. Your defense from the first minute has been 'Jerry says it. I believe it and that's good enough for me'. Anything you have looked at since then has been through that prism. What you fail to take into account is others did their own research and said 'tap the breaks here a second. There are a lot of unanswered questions' and former their opinion on several sources, not just 1.
I brought up Penn St not because of similarity of accusations (and had you actually read, you'd know that) but on similarities on how poorly it was handled by Administrators
I have no desire to sign a petition. I have no problem with him posting it. If you are concerned about how long it will take Ian McCaw to be welcomed to LU I can give a great way to speed that up. Answer the questions. But he doesn't have to. This is Jerry's school. He will not get rid on McCaw so McCaw doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:How do you know others on this board haven't been falsely accused of things they didn't do? How do you know people on this board haven't been in leadership positions when sexual misconduct allegations by subordinates were brought to them?
Yes, you do blindly follow what JR is saying on this. By your own admission your opinion was formed only by what he said. You did not look at the report to the BoR. You did not do any other research into what other investigations had been done. Your defense from the first minute has been 'Jerry says it. I believe it and that's good enough for me'. Anything you have looked at since then has been through that prism. What you fail to take into account is others did their own research and said 'tap the breaks here a second. There are a lot of unanswered questions' and former their opinion on several sources, not just 1.
I brought up Penn St not because of similarity of accusations (and had you actually read, you'd know that) but on similarities on how poorly it was handled by Administrators
I have no desire to sign a petition. I have no problem with him posting it. If you are concerned about how long it will take Ian McCaw to be welcomed to LU I can give a great way to speed that up. Answer the questions. But he doesn't have to. This is Jerry's school. He will not get rid on McCaw so McCaw doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to.
I'm done talking about this. Moving on to better discussions.

I think McCaw will welcome the day that he can talk about it, but life has to go on, for him, for his family, for Baylor...
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sexual Assault isn't always so black and white, this is true but to use that as a reason to give a guy a chance when there is still an open investigation ongoing doesn't make sense to me.

Again most of us who are against the hire are upset because there is still an ongoing investigation. If that wasn't the case this would be a whole different story. I feel like I have to say this over and over again because proto keeps saying the same thing over and over again completely ignoring that this is why most of us are unhappy with the hire.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Sexual Assault isn't always so black and white, this is true but to use that as a reason to give a guy a chance when there is still an open investigation ongoing doesn't make sense to me.

Again most of us who are against the hire are upset because there is still an ongoing investigation. If that wasn't the case this would be a whole different story. I feel like I have to say this over and over again because proto keeps saying the same thing over and over again completely ignoring that this is why most of us are unhappy with the hire.
Didn't you see? He's done talking about it. Jerry said it. He believes it. That should be good enough for everyone.
This discussion, not the actual pending legal investigations, are tough on him so we should ignore them and hope they go away. Which they will. Because.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
McCaw would lose all credibility and benefit of the doubt from me, yes there is some and I'm sure that's important to him, if he cut the former acting AD loose. You will not find a man of higher moral character, decency or aptitude than he. Further, he knows what levers to pull in the labyrinthine mechanisms that make up LU to get things done and EVERYONE trusts and respects him. The guy oozes integrity
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Sexual Assault isn't always so black and white, this is true but to use that as a reason to give a guy a chance when there is still an open investigation ongoing doesn't make sense to me.

OK - Back in, because this post is wrong on so many levels.
Really? An on-going investigation in to Sexual Assault? This isn't an open investigation in whether McCaw sexually assaulted anyone - this is an investigation as to whether administration should be held accountable for someone else's crime. If it was an open investigation into him - done - I would be against this hire. It not, and this "so called" investigation could go on for years... Would you or could you not get paid for 3 to 4 to 6 years while you wait for an investigation about you to be completed? Especially thinking you had no wrongdoing in it?
thepostman wrote:I feel like I have to say this over and over again because proto keeps saying the same thing over and over again completely ignoring that this is why most of us are unhappy with the hire.
Is that the case? Or am I responding to a new post and being consistent with my answers/beliefs? Am I supposed to ignore direct questions, for the fear of repeating myself? No comments on here have changed the way I feel. This is a talented individual, who from what I can tell - is a believer in Christ, and no one person should be held accountable for all 1,500+/- student athlete's behavior. I believe he did what he believes was right and the reports (yes, I read them Haize) didn't convince me otherwise.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I never said an ongoing sexual assault investigation and you know that isn't the investigation that is ongoing as you clearly articulated. I guess you and I can not have a real conversation about this because you are taking what I am saying and putting it into some box you think I am in.

I don't think that anybody involved in an investigation of this nature should be hired, especially a high level position.

In my current assignment if I were in a similar situation where I was involved in some kind of investigation I would be reassigned very quickly outside the agency with there being very little chance of me being asked to come back even if I was cleared of any involvement.

I understand where you are coming from, but I just completely disagree. Clearly we aren't going to see eye to eye but I just don't understand why you find my opinion so baffling.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:McCaw would lose all credibility and benefit of the doubt from me, yes there is some and I'm sure that's important to him, if he cut the former acting AD loose. You will not find a man of higher moral character, decency or aptitude than he. Further, he knows what levers to pull in the labyrinthine mechanisms that make up LU to get things done and EVERYONE trusts and respects him. The guy oozes integrity
Have you seen or heard anything to indicate that might happen

I agree, it would be a horrible move (not to mention STUPID!)
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:McCaw would lose all credibility and benefit of the doubt from me, yes there is some and I'm sure that's important to him, if he cut the former acting AD loose. You will not find a man of higher moral character, decency or aptitude than he. Further, he knows what levers to pull in the labyrinthine mechanisms that make up LU to get things done and EVERYONE trusts and respects him. The guy oozes integrity
Have you seen or heard anything to indicate that might happen

I agree, it would be a horrible move (not to mention STUPID!)
Agreed - I don't see this happening either. That would be something where I might jump to the other side;) Hopefully he sees the value he has brought to the programs over the years and the loyalty.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I never said an ongoing sexual assault investigation and you know that isn't the investigation that is ongoing as you clearly articulated. I guess you and I can not have a real conversation about this because you are taking what I am saying and putting it into some box you think I am in.

I don't think that anybody involved in an investigation of this nature should be hired, especially a high level position.

In my current assignment if I were in a similar situation where I was involved in some kind of investigation I would be reassigned very quickly outside the agency with there being very little chance of me being asked to come back even if I was cleared of any involvement.

I understand where you are coming from, but I just completely disagree. Clearly we aren't going to see eye to eye but I just don't understand why you find my opinion so baffling.
It's Jerry's opinion that all opposition to his opinion is wrong thus baffling. That's the starting point.
PROTO came into the discussion with his mind made up using only Jerry's word to base his decision. Thus, any information contrary to the Primary Source will be looked at as skeptical and dismissed. As for me, I looked at a lot of different angles and accounts and a lot of things didn't add up. Absolutely 0 answers to any of the outstanding questions were answered. In fact I found it very telling the elephant in the room that was his time at Baylor was not even addressed. That just seems odd. And even by saying it can't be addressed because of ongoing investigation makes it seem more odd.
I want to say this has everything to do about money and prestige but I can't even say that. Jerry disdain's big boosters and wants credit for all money raised. So is that changing? Prestige? John nailed it. This guy is always going to be known as 'the guy who covered up a gang rape at Baylor' whether rightly or wrongly. It sure would be nice to have a rebuttal other than 'our secret sources say he's fine' (channel Naked Gun fireworks factory)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reference a comment above: "Jerry says it, he believes it", that applies to me. Anything or anyone that's good enough for Jerry, is good enough for me. I felt that way about Dr. Falwell also. I have never disagreed with either one.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I never said an ongoing sexual assault investigation and you know that isn't the investigation that is ongoing as you clearly articulated. I guess you and I can not have a real conversation about this because you are taking what I am saying and putting it into some box you think I am in.

I see your side Postman - just a difference of opinion, that's it. I would be defending you in that situation too, because an investigation doesn't mean guilty in my book. I see why there's people against him, and knew the second I saw this on my N&A app - this was going to be interesting. I knew about the Baylor situation more than most, because I have an office in Dallas. I knew there would be many people opposing it and thinking it's a risky move. Look back at all my post - I will defend anyone that is getting publicly blasted* - I don't know - it's in my nature and one of my convictions is not being "Holier than thou".

*OK - I did publicly say stuff against Toman, but I had 1st hand knowledge of that situation and thought that was a bad hire from day one. I gave him a try, but after my fears were confirmed - I spoke up.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:

I see your side Postman - just a difference of opinion, that's it. I would be defending you in that situation too, because an investigation doesn't mean guilty in my book. I see why there's people against him, and knew the second I saw this on my N&A app - this was going to be interesting. I knew about the Baylor situation more than most, because I have an office in Dallas. I knew there would be many people opposing it and thinking it's a risky move. Look back at all my post - I will defend anyone that is getting publicly blasted* - I don't know - it's in my nature and one of my convictions is not being "Holier than thou".

*OK - I did publicly say stuff against Toman, but I had 1st hand knowledge of that situation and thought that was a bad hire from day one. I gave him a try, but after my fears were confirmed - I spoke up.
Really? Because you are coming across as very 'holier than thou'. As though opposing the timing of this hiring, let alone the hiring is an affront to God Almighty Himself, let alone Jerry
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference a comment above: "Jerry says it, he believes it", that applies to me. Anything or anyone that's good enough for Jerry, is good enough for me. I felt that way about Dr. Falwell also. I have never disagreed with either one.
Were you a member of The People's Temple who missed the flight down?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference a comment above: "Jerry says it, he believes it", that applies to me. Anything or anyone that's good enough for Jerry, is good enough for me. I felt that way about Dr. Falwell also. I have never disagreed with either one.

This is very dangerous thinking.

I love my Pastor at my church but it doesn't matter how great I think a man or woman is. They are still human and can be wrong.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
prototype wrote:

Just messing with you Haize - what's the joker's line? WHY YOU SO SERIOUS?
Last edited by prototype on December 2nd, 2016, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:

I love my Pastor at my church but it doesn't matter how great I think a man or woman is. They are still human and can be wrong.
He's not talking about life choices, he's talking about when it pertains to Liberty and a business. Sometime you have to trust the decisions made by leadership, because they see the bigger picture and have all the details. They hopefully know more than I do.
Last edited by prototype on December 2nd, 2016, 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think the point is both sides feel very strongly about how they feel so it is easy to paint the other side as being 'holier than thou'

I'm starting to slowly understand where the other side is coming from but I still disagree with this hire and have very strong opinions about the way Jr has represented my school both on tv and via twitter but there isn't much I can do. I vented my thoughts on here enough times. I guess it is time to move on.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
thepostman wrote:

He's not talking about life choices, he's talking about when it pertains to Liberty and his business. Sometime you have to trust people in decisions made by leadership, because they see the bigger picture and have all the details. they hopefully know more than I do.
But even that is dangerous. I think Jerry has done some amazing things for my school and I would never try to discount those but to just simply take everything he does and says as gospel is very dangerous.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I think the point is both sides feel very strongly about how they feel so it is easy to paint the other side as being 'holier than thou'

I'm starting to slowly understand where the other side is coming from but I still disagree with this hire and have very strong opinions about the way Jr has represented my school both on tv and via twitter but there isn't much I can do. I vented my thoughts on here enough times. I guess it is time to move on.
FIFY

Just messing with Haize. Postman I have always lined up with you on this board and hope one day we can all tailgate together and put this whole mess behind us.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU is fortunate to get an AD from Baylor. This guy comes from one of top schools in all of NCAA D1 athletics. He did not come from some FCS or D2 school. Nor did he come from an assistant AD post. He came from Baylor University of Big 12 Conference. I believe I read that in past 5 seasons Baylor has more combined wins in football and basketball (M/W) than any school in country. Baylor also has strong softball program. Not sure about baseball.
This hiring is a "steal" for LU.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I think the point is both sides feel very strongly about how they feel so it is easy to paint the other side as being 'holier than thou'

FIFY

Just messing with Haize. Postman I have always lined up with you on this board and hope one day we can all tailgate together and put this whole mess behind us.
The maturity of your previous post spoke volumes
Athens Regional

Can Escobar fly a 747? Asking for a friend. A[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

ACC dug their own grave with poor leadership. At o[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Finally happened, the ATrain household is no l[…]