Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Just John wrote:"Earlier in November, Baylor regents told the Dallas Morning News that McCaw and Briles were both informed about a gang rape involving Baylor football players but failed to report the allegations to Judicial Affairs, as required by federal Title IX rules.:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college ... le-scandal

Been over this ground before. Junior was willing to try and rehab a presidential candidate after a pretty harsh tape came out demeaning women, at best. But like the PEOTUS, he will be the person in office and I am willing to give this guy his shot too.
The Baylor situation is entirely different than the Trump situation. Comparing the two is like comparing a fish to a bicycle
Out of the mouth, the heart speaketh. Whether Trump actually did what he claimed, and there is certainly room for question, his comments alone were nothing I would try to defend.
By Jonathan Carone
LUconn wrote:Selfish question: He has connections, knowledge, experience to get us where we want to go and if I ignore everything else I still have to ask, is he toxic? What peer would want to deal with him/us that doesn't have to?
With ADs he's probably okay. With presidents he's probably toxic.

Presidents decide who gets invited.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Manson, I'm totally on your side here!
If LU were run by anyone other than the Gracious and Glorious Dictator, I would think that the firestorm of criticism would cause them to retract the offer, but alas, that isn't the case.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:Manson, I'm totally on your side here!
If LU were run by anyone other than the Gracious and Glorious Dictator, I would think that the firestorm of criticism would cause them to retract the offer, but alas, that isn't the case.
I know, it was just something I wanted to point out.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
The day Liberty gets an FBS invite is the day we have a president not named falwell, He burned an little bridge he had with his support of Trump and the constant lecturing to liberal art presidents on how to run a school, when he's the one shutting academic freedom down . As Jon said presidents decide on who gets an invite.

and Mccaw hire just killed any little shot they had at this time. bad bad press.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Not a single positive post in response to LU's announcment on social media. That is not normal and is very telling.
Like I said in the other thread this thrashing/hatred that Liberty and Jr is getting surpasses the trump endorsement and Jr up for sec of education position. First time I've seen a lot of liberty people questioning and bashing Jr. Hopefully they finally wake up and see what kind of person he is.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Just John wrote:"Earlier in November, Baylor regents told the Dallas Morning News that McCaw and Briles were both informed about a gang rape involving Baylor football players but failed to report the allegations to Judicial Affairs, as required by federal Title IX rules.:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college ... le-scandal

Been over this ground before. Junior was willing to try and rehab a presidential candidate after a pretty harsh tape came out demeaning women, at best. But like the PEOTUS, he will be the person in office and I am willing to give this guy his shot too.
The Baylor situation is entirely different than the Trump situation. Comparing the two is like comparing a fish to a bicycle

Out of the mouth, the heart speaketh. Whether Trump actually did what he claimed, and there is certainly room for question, his comments alone were nothing I would try to defend.
The Baylor situation is criminal. Trump's is lecherous. Bigly difference
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
LU has a way of being predictable and confusing all at the same time. Our willingness to embrace controversial figures without regard for the impact on our perception is becoming all too regular. It's only confusing because it just makes you wonder when it will ever change?

Clearly not anytime soon...

Honestly I would have loved to see an internal hire here. Someone we all know and love that clearly represents the best side of LU's values and has a solid reputation in our community. I can only hope Mickey will stay around.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Even if you assume he is innocent of any cover up, is a man of character worthy of our coaches and athletes to emulate, and that he is a phenomenal athletics administrator, how do you ever get ahead of the terrible perception problem? Your only hope is that he has a compelling story to tell and if he did you would think we would have that ready to go out! Instead, silence....

Smh...I don't think this just goes away if you ignore it. We fired a great guy and fine representative of our school just to set ourselves up for needless ridicule?

I am hoping for the best but as others have said..TOO SOON!
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
glad you think we all should accept of all whats going on with Liberty. Ill gladly be a snowflake if that means not having to not defend Liberty/Jr every week. Liberty is acting like secular school hiding behind 2nd chances but you can't see that.

as for change, It can happen if a large number of students act out, big enough where JR can't squash/threaten it and I'm not talking about a petition but they rather be content sitting around and defending Liberty/Jr and nothing will change. After the past 3-4 months nobody outside of the Liberty bubble takes the school mission seriously.
Last edited by ballah09 on November 28th, 2016, 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Not that LU cares but I'm out. I will do nothing to support this school anymore. This is just one more misstep in a long string of missteps. I'll hang around flamefans because I like you guys but there is just no way I can support this school.

Some will call it an over reaction but I've been on the fence for a while. LU is supporting someone who covered up sexual assault and hiring them to lead our athletic department. That crosses the line. This is not Jerry jr supporting a morally corrupt man for president. This is jerry jr hiring a morally corrupt m as our AD.

I'm done. I hope he fails and I hope someone stands up to Jerry Jr and stop being little yes men.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Even if you could ignore all the smoke and fire and hes totally innocent...hes guilty in the court of public opinion and therefore that forfeits his main selling point. I just cant see how this ends well for anybody involved. I think he will have a tough time having any respect from most of the athletics staff. Man what in the world has happened the last 2 or 3 months
By Jonathan Carone
Ian McCaw may be an incredible man who loves Jesus and can lead an athletic department better than anyone else in the country. However, until he is cleared of these charges, he's disqualified himself from being able to hold the position. There's no way we can ever justify an athlete pending legal charges because we don't hold our leaders to the same standard.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Ian McCaw may be an incredible man who loves Jesus and can lead an athletic department better than anyone else in the country. However, until he is cleared of these charges, he's disqualified himself from being able to hold the position. There's no way we can ever justify an athlete pending legal charges because we don't hold our leaders to the same standard.
Can't say you are wrong.
UNLESS there is a NEW secret unpublished Liberty Way that is replacing the current published Liberty Way? :twisted:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I'd like to switch gears to an even more important topic: are we gonna start having ugly gaudish uniforms?
Think of the nasty hues of neon red and blue available
Election 2022 and 2024

The last 2 elections were decided by very […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]