Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Excellent choice.

Not surprising, in that LU and Baylor have had some dealings recently. We play Baylor in football next season. Played them in softball last season. Softball staff visited Baylor prior to design of new stadium, to get ideas.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
So did we "win the press conference"? This man did not assault anyone but it does sound like he did not have much control over the athletics culture either.

I want to believe this will be good for us in the long run but hard to see that from this vantage point. I agree with others that he needs to address his time at BU immediately and thoroughly.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It's not the crime it's the cover up. What did he know, when did he know it and what did he do about it
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Separately, does anyone still believe we will be scaling back the athletics department? I would think this is more like doubling down than scaling back.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I think JRs decision making is 100% based on trolling us. His power is sustained by our tears.
By Kiwon
LUconn wrote:I think JRs decision making is 100% based on trolling us. His power is sustained by our tears.
Cry me a river.....please.
By Jonathan Carone
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Separately, does anyone still believe we will be scaling back the athletics department? I would think this is more like doubling down than scaling back.
Yes I do. A large piece in Jeff's removal was not making changes within the department to remove the inefficiencies. We will still be funded well, but you won't see a lot of the fluff we've had the last few years.
By KingsKId
Jerry Jr's arrogance knows no bounds.
He fires JB because JB wants to rightfully terminate TG. Becky and Jerry are good friends with TG and Gayle so JB must go.
He hires an AD with the following baggage:
1. He was fired by Baylor in June for not having appropriate oversight of a football program that was running amok.
2. He is currently a defendant in a Federal Title 9 lawsuit.
3. Just two weeks ago Baylor announced that both he and Art Briles were made aware of rape allegations against members of the football team but chose not to report it to the police.
4. If you think this hire is going to endear us to the powers that be that make decisions about conference affiliation, then you have no grasp of big time intercollegiate athletics and who makes those decisions.
All Jerry Jr has done is to reinforce the worst stereotypes of LU that our detractors use to diminish us. His lack of social awareness and reality is only topped by his hubris. Sad day for LU. Doubly sad if you are a woman because today's hire shows that Jerry Jr has no sensitivity or grasp on the issue of sexual assault.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote:
LUconn wrote:I think JRs decision making is 100% based on trolling us. His power is sustained by our tears.
Cry me a river.....please.
To further empower him? That's exactly something jr would say!
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
"Earlier in November, Baylor regents told the Dallas Morning News that McCaw and Briles were both informed about a gang rape involving Baylor football players but failed to report the allegations to Judicial Affairs, as required by federal Title IX rules.:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college ... le-scandal

Been over this ground before. Junior was willing to try and rehab a presidential candidate after a pretty harsh tape came out demeaning women, at best. But like the PEOTUS, he will be the person in office and I am willing to give this guy his shot too.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote:"Earlier in November, Baylor regents told the Dallas Morning News that McCaw and Briles were both informed about a gang rape involving Baylor football players but failed to report the allegations to Judicial Affairs, as required by federal Title IX rules.:

Been over this ground before. Junior was willing to try and rehab a presidential candidate in the eyes of others after a pretty harsh tape came out, at best, demeaning women. But he will be the person in the position and I am willing to give this guy his shot too.
By KingsKId
JustJohn, You are certainly entitled to your opinion on giving a second chance. Most of us are on board with that. However we are on board with that for people who are repentant and seeking to change. Heck that is all of us. To this day this guy says he did nothing wrong. Secondly, if Jerry Jr feels that way great. However every decision he makes needs to made through the prism of what is best for this university and advancing the Kingdom, not his personal agenda. There are too many other people out there who could have been hired who would not have brought the ridicule and scorn this hire is going to bring in the press. Suggest you get on the net and see what has already been written, it is not flattering. Some folks are turning a blind eye and saying well other than the scandal he did a good job. Is that what we have been reduced to. Three Baylor players have been indicted and two Baylor players are prison, since 2011 there are 17 allegations of sexual assault or domestic violence against women by Baylor football players. In 2012 alone there were 4 allegations of gang rape committed by Baylor football players. All of this was reported and yet somehow our new AD saw no need to take any action. For me the ends do not justify the means and in a Christian world view it is hard for me to understand how they do for anyone. This all just happened in the last 6 months and yet Jerry Jr in his total lack of social awareness and sensitivity tries to act like it never happened. It will only get worse when the Federal lawsuits start going to trail. Then our new AD will be spending a lot of time in a court room defending himself.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote:"Earlier in November, Baylor regents told the Dallas Morning News that McCaw and Briles were both informed about a gang rape involving Baylor football players but failed to report the allegations to Judicial Affairs, as required by federal Title IX rules.:

Been over this ground before. Junior was willing to try and rehab a presidential candidate after a pretty harsh tape came out demeaning women, at best. But like the PEOTUS, he will be the person in office and I am willing to give this guy his shot too.
The Baylor situation is entirely different than the Trump situation. Comparing the two is like comparing a fish to a bicycle
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Selfish question: He has connections, knowledge, experience to get us where we want to go and if I ignore everything else I still have to ask, is he toxic? What peer would want to deal with him/us that doesn't have to?
By Equinox
Registration Days Posts
Next seasons football game against Baylor is gonna be real interesting commentary. I guess Art Briles is waiting for Jr. to call him for a “consultant” positon to help our passing game. #FBS or bust!!! :roll: :(
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]