Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I think something that should be noted here and seems to be pretty much an accepted fact is that Judicial Affairs at Baylor at that time was a giant dumpster fire. My understanding is that the volleyball coach says he DID report it to them, but Judicial Affairs says they have no record of it, which in light of all the garbage burning around them is not a huge surprise.
oldflame wrote:I think something that should be noted here and seems to be pretty much an accepted fact is that Judicial Affairs at Baylor at that time was a giant dumpster fire. My understanding is that the volleyball coach says he DID report it to them, but Judicial Affairs says they have no record of it, which in light of all the garbage burning around them is not a huge surprise.
If that's the case Athletics might be completely insulated from any judgments that come down
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
oldflame wrote:I think something that should be noted here and seems to be pretty much an accepted fact is that Judicial Affairs at Baylor at that time was a giant dumpster fire. My understanding is that the volleyball coach says he DID report it to them, but Judicial Affairs says they have no record of it, which in light of all the garbage burning around them is not a huge surprise.
If that's the case Athletics might be completely insulated from any judgments that come down
Highly unlikely.
Class of 20Something wrote:
Is the head of Baylors Judicial Affairs Department at that time working as the head of LU's JA Dept now?
By R i
Registration Days Posts
That was pretty painless. Ian has already been vetted by LU and the public opinion over this volleyball player reporting, it appears there will be very little backlash from the Title IX lawsuit being filed.
Footballfan wrote:http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Motion ... 71643.html

The slow drip continues......
At this point unless there is video of IM actually witnessing the encounter nothing will happen. He's the AD and will continue to be the AD until such time as his reputation is restored and he moves on. Regardless of what authorities find at Baylor, LU is not getting rid of IM. His hiring has already paid dividends for LU which has earned him his spot at LU for as long as he wants
It seem like LU men's lacrosse is reconstructing their men's lacrosse locker room. It may not be anything big going on but I believe the team is taking is going to the next level. I am posting this here because I am wondering if Director McCaw is building the lacrosse team up than it was before. He has come from a background where lacrosse and hockey was popular. Although lacrosse is not a big thing at LU (compared to football and basketball), I believe that the lacrosse program is going in the right direction.

P.S. Lacrosse is the top growing sport in college sports right now.

Link from the LU's men's lacrosse twitter page:

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:It seem like LU men's lacrosse is reconstructing their men's lacrosse locker room. It may not be anything big going on but I believe the team is taking is going to the next level. I am posting this here because I am wondering if Director McCaw is building the lacrosse team up than it was before. He has come from a background where lacrosse and hockey was popular. Although lacrosse is not a big thing at LU (compared to football and basketball), I believe that the lacrosse program is going in the right direction.

There is no way we are adding lacrosse or any other NCAA men's sport right now. We are adding 22 extra male scholarships to football with the FBS move and will need to add 2 women's sports just to balance that out. We have upgraded a lot of club sports facilities, most notably hockey. Lacrosse is going to stay a club sport.
By cruzan_flame13
oldflame wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:It seem like LU men's lacrosse is reconstructing their men's lacrosse locker room. It may not be anything big going on but I believe the team is taking is going to the next level. I am posting this here because I am wondering if Director McCaw is building the lacrosse team up than it was before. He has come from a background where lacrosse and hockey was popular. Although lacrosse is not a big thing at LU (compared to football and basketball), I believe that the lacrosse program is going in the right direction.

There is no way we are adding lacrosse or any other NCAA men's sport right now. We are adding 22 extra male scholarships to football with the FBS move and will need to add 2 women's sports just to balance that out. We have upgraded a lot of club sports facilities, most notably hockey. Lacrosse is going to stay a club sport.

I didn't think lacrosse was going to added, at least soon anyway. I just think the program was going to be big like our hockey team. Also how does the male- women sports work again? I'm asking because we literally have more women sports than men sports. I believe its a 10:7 when it comes to our NCAA teams.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:It isn't number of sports, it's number of scholarships. Football, by far, provides the largest number... and rising.
I'm not sure if the NCAA algorithm has changed but if LU still has a higher Female to Male population the move to FBS could create a lot of interesting opportunities
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:It isn't number of sports, it's number of scholarships. Football, by far, provides the largest number... and rising.
I'm not sure if the NCAA algorithm has changed but if LU still has a higher Female to Male population the move to FBS could create a lot of interesting opportunities
You mean we'll finally add women's golf?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Very likely.
add gymnastics too.

hockey and wrestling would be added before lacrosse so it will be a LONG time before they even get a consideration from the admins.
By cruzan_flame13
ballah09 wrote:
add gymnastics too.

hockey and wrestling would be added before lacrosse so it will be a LONG time before they even get a consideration from the admins.
A long time? I don't think it would be long compared to the two other sports mentioned. Why? If conference realignment is involved, you really think lacrosse will be last based on the history length of the programs?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I personally do not see ANY men's sport being added for the foreseeable future. With the 22 extra schollies for football, we are almost certainly looking at 2 new women's sports just to offset that. Adding a male sport would require a 3rd. With the exception of hockey, I just don't see the demand for the sports we are talking about to justify going to those lengths, and hockey is doing just fine as a club sport.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
ballah09 wrote:
add gymnastics too.

A long time? I don't think it would be long compared to the two other sports mentioned. Why? If conference realignment is involved, you really think lacrosse will be last based on the history length of the programs?
Absoiutely.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:I personally do not see ANY men's sport being added for the foreseeable future. With the 22 extra schollies for football, we are almost certainly looking at 2 new women's sports just to offset that. Adding a male sport would require a 3rd. With the exception of hockey, I just don't see the demand for the sports we are talking about to justify going to those lengths, and hockey is doing just fine as a club sport.
I'd say the Wrestling folks would make a case for reinstatement if they added a Men's sport

Hey. Anything is possible 8)
By cruzan_flame13
Why did wrestling stepped down from NCAA Division 1? Also there's a pretty good amount of wrestlers in the program, including the ladies. I think there's more of them compared to the players on the men's lacrosse team.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Why did wrestling stepped down from NCAA Division 1? Also there's a pretty good amount of wrestlers in the program, including the ladies. I think there's more of them compared to the players on the men's lacrosse team.
Our wrestling program was actually dropped twice. The first time it was mainly for financial reasons at a time when the school was struggling to keep the doors open. A group of supporters which included former wrestlers raised support to restart it several years later. The second time, it was because we were in serious non compliance with title IX and did not have (or at least did not chose to use) the resources to balance it exclusively by adding women's sports.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
NHL and the NHLPA are pushing for more NCAA teams and are helping five schools do studies. They announced yesterday at the draft that they're going to purse schools with the resources and facilities so you would have to believe they're going to pursue Liberty. If they do, would they have any influence with the administration?

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/1971 ... -add-teams

BYD what are your thoughts on this?

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]