Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
rmiller1959 wrote:
ballah09 wrote:Jr needs to go. obvious he doest give a **** about sexual assaults. Defending Trump and now this.

Cant even process on whats going on at liberty
Three players this year alone were dismissed from the football team because of sexual assault allegations brought against them, and all of them were immediately suspended prior to that once their accusers came forward. They even coordinated with the Title IX office at another university to ensure a player who had left the team couldn't escape scrutiny and punitive action. It's a stretch to say the University doesn't care about sexual assaults.
Punishing people for the lies of others isn't something to be proud of
I doubt the Title IX investigators or the two different review boards would have reached those decisions if they thought the accusers were lying.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jcrew4 wrote:This certainly doesn't have anything to do with his capabilities or lack there of but considering this guy has made some major cash over the last 10 years do they not have cosmetic dentistry in Waco?? C'mon Man!
:clapping
By Jonathan Carone
So taking a step back, the university crack down on sexual assaults (and throwing innocent guys under the bus) was 100% to back up this decision. Jerry knew this was coming since the summer.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I think the new AD will be someone from a NCAA D1 school, one who has a lot of connections around the country.

"Next question please".
By ElmersTwin
givemethemic wrote:Risky hire...but if he can find a way to get us into the FBS then it is worth it. First call I make is to Jim Grobe and beg him to come here. Next call is to Atlas Van Lines and tell them we have another stop on the route. Head over to Turner Gill's house and pack up his boxes after they get done with Barbers crap.
"Hire an AD who oversaw a program plagued with sexual assaults for the sake of moving up the food chain." Okay.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:So taking a step back, the university crack down on sexual assaults (and throwing innocent guys under the bus) was 100% to back up this decision. Jerry knew this was coming since the summer.
Sound logic here. Not sarcasm. Wanted to give enough time for things to settle before making the hire.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:Risky hire...but if he can find a way to get us into the FBS then it is worth it.
I hope this statement wasn't thought through. This is part of the problem with the culture of collegiate sports...especially football. "As long as we're winning, whatever goes."
By Jonathan Carone
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:So taking a step back, the university crack down on sexual assaults (and throwing innocent guys under the bus) was 100% to back up this decision. Jerry knew this was coming since the summer.
Sound logic here. Not sarcasm. Wanted to give enough time for things to settle before making the hire.
We can say we've cracked down as a university and have systems in place to keep what happened at Baylor from happening here. He essentially traded Cam Jackson's future for the new AD.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Half of me wants to say that's tin foil hat thinking Half of me thinks it's spot on
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
LUnpretty11 wrote:
We can say we've cracked down as a university and have systems in place to keep what happened at Baylor from happening here. He essentially traded Cam Jackson's future for the new AD.
Plus the settlement money
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts

Jerry wasn't involved in those decisions. How is it that three independent entities - the Title IX investigators, who diligently interviewed all the parties involved and other in the proximity of the events in question, the initial conduct board which handed down the decisions, and the judicial review board, comprised of faculty members totally disconnected from the athletic department and the Title IX office, that upheld them - equate to "throwing innocent guys under the bus"? That impugns the integrity of every one of those independent entities, not to mention the Title IX office.
By Jonathan Carone
The entire process for those guys was shady. They threatened suspensions and reprimands for people who could defend the athletes. There's a reason there weren't criminal charges pursued for any of them.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Cam Jackson can't get Liberty to the FBS. Cam Jackson can't get Liberty in the playoffs either.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
If JLFJR and the University want to have any sense of transparency with students, alumni, faculty and staff then there will be a statement in verbal or written form. If they want to throw earmuffs on everyone and blinders on everything, then there will be no mention of any sexual assault allegations and just not address what McCaw left at Baylor. I hope for the former, I expect the latter.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:

Jerry wasn't involved in those decisions. How is it that three independent entities - the Title IX investigators, who diligently interviewed all the parties involved and other in the proximity of the events in question, the initial conduct board which handed down the decisions, and the judicial review board, comprised of faculty members totally disconnected from the athletic department and the Title IX office, that upheld them - equate to "throwing innocent guys under the bus"? That impugns the integrity of every one of those independent entities, not to mention the Title IX office.
Impugned they should be. When the main witness recants and other witnesses are not allowed to testify then the process is tainted
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
This is what concerns me.
According to the release, the volleyball coach immediately reported the assault to McCaw, Briles and a former assistant athletics director. According to the regents, none of them reported the alleged incident to Baylor's judicial affairs office or anyone outside of athletics.........

McCaw hasn't responded to multiple telephone calls and texts from ESPN.
From the ESPN article.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
rmiller1959 wrote:

Impugned they should be. When the main witness recants and other witnesses are not allowed to testify then the process is tainted
I'm afraid that's not even remotely accurate. I don't know how this was being pitched out there in the general public, but it's simply not true. Each player was allowed to present whoever they wanted to speak on their behalf, and they were allowed to have legal representation present for advisory support even though it wasn't a legal proceeding. Some of them took advantage while others didn't.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Anyone not liking this hire, should read Philippians 3:13-14.
Hopefully you are not a Pastor
By Jonathan Carone
rmiller1959 wrote:I'm afraid that's not even remotely accurate. I don't know how this was being pitched out there in the general public, but it's simply not true. Each player was allowed to present whoever they wanted to speak on their behalf, and they were allowed to have legal representation present for advisory support even though it wasn't a legal proceeding. Some of them took advantage while others didn't.
Being allowed and having witnesses willing to testify are two different things. The witnesses testified with the police because they knew there would be no negative blowback unlike if they testified to the school.

There's a reason the athletics department was fighting for kids and not distancing themselves. They knew the kids were innocent.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
We are getting crushed nationally. I have reached out to the school to see if Jr. will come on with my buddy Bomani Jones later this afternoon on ESPN Radio. It would be the perfect outlet for him to explain some things. I will keep you updated if he accepts the invite.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:We are getting crushed nationally. I have reached out to the school to see if Jr. will come on with my buddy Bomani Jones later this afternoon on ESPN Radio. It would be the perfect outlet for him to explain some things. I will keep you updated if he accepts the invite.
Oh, you mean that guy who makes me flip over to Colin Cowherd every afternoon when I get in my car?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Let me pick up that name you just dropped.
He's certainly not going to pick it up!
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]