Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
My initial thought/response was one of surprise and questioning why Jr. would push out JB and pull in McCaw. After taking a step back and looking at everything objectively, this is a good hire for us. If you think it's not, then that's your opinion and you will have to wait to be convinced otherwise. I think this will be good for LU on and off the field. With that said, I still wish JB was our AD.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:My initial thought/response was one of surprise and questioning why Jr. would push out JB and pull in McCaw. After taking a step back and looking at everything objectively, this is a good hire for us. If you think it's not, then that's your opinion and you will have to wait to be convinced otherwise. I think this will be good for LU on and off the field. With that said, I still wish JB was our AD.
Do you have any reasons why other than wishful thinking?
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Can't hear it (breakroom tv), but they're talking about this right now on Outside the Lines.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I caught the tail end of the conversation on Outside the lines too but our own Damien Sordelett was being interviewed via SKYPE. He definitely wasn't in HD. I wish I could have heard the whole conversation.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
LUnpretty11 wrote:My initial thought/response was one of surprise and questioning why Jr. would push out JB and pull in McCaw. After taking a step back and looking at everything objectively, this is a good hire for us. If you think it's not, then that's your opinion and you will have to wait to be convinced otherwise. I think this will be good for LU on and off the field. With that said, I still wish JB was our AD.
1. He accomplished a ton at Baylor
2. He turned a non conversation starter of a program into a powerhouse in basketball/football
3. A lot of my skepticism has been reduced by recent reports and Damien's article. I think that says a lot about him as a person.
4. He knows what it takes to succeed and has the resources to do it here.
5. He's hungry. He left a bad situation at Baylor and has an opportunity to do something great at LU - see #4.

This does it for now. Sure, we are getting ripped across the country by news outlets, but who cares. If he's the real deal then it will show. If he's not, this is be a dark 3-4 years and we'll move on to someone better. I don't see the latter happening because Jerry isn't an idiot as much as many on here would like to think.

Lastly, if he wasn't the real deal, then he wouldn't have so many people from Baylor saying such great things about him. He left on his own accord. The WBB coach said very telling things about him. I was a little surprised to read it actually. I think this will be a good thing for Liberty.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
1. He accomplished a ton at Baylor
2. He turned a non conversation starter of a program into a powerhouse in basketball/football
3. A lot of my skepticism has been reduced by recent reports and Damien's article. I think that says a lot about him as a person.
4. He knows what it takes to succeed and has the resources to do it here.
5. He's hungry. He left a bad situation at Baylor and has an opportunity to do something great at LU - see #4.

This does it for now. Sure, we are getting ripped across the country by news outlets, but who cares. If he's the real deal then it will show. If he's not, this is be a dark 3-4 years and we'll move on to someone better. I don't see the latter happening because Jerry isn't an idiot as much as many on here would like to think.

Lastly, if he wasn't the real deal, then he wouldn't have so many people from Baylor saying such great things about him. He left on his own accord. The WBB coach said very telling things about him. I was a little surprised to read it actually. I think this will be a good thing for Liberty.
Absolutely no doubt he helped build that Athletic Department from the ground up. It at what cost? Knowing about allegations of gang rape and not reporting them is kinda sort of a big deal. The report to the Board of Regents screams lack of institutional control. As for the people at Baylor scratch a little bit and you will find that it's not all unicorns and rainbows.
Finally 'leaving by his own accord'? If you believe that I have some ocean front time shares in Las Vegas for sale with a great price just for you
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: Absolutely no doubt he helped build that Athletic Department from the ground up. It at what cost? Knowing about allegations of gang rape and not reporting them is kinda sort of a big deal. The report to the Board of Regents screams lack of institutional control. As for the people at Baylor scratch a little bit and you will find that it's not all unicorns and rainbows.
Finally 'leaving by his own accord'? If you believe that I have some ocean front time shares in Las Vegas for sale with a great price just for you
But... there's not an ocean in Las Vegas.

Look, I get it. I'm right there with you, but I believe where there's smoke there's fire. Literally nobody is saying anything bad about the guy when they have the opportunity to say it now. I don't smell smoke on this guy. Also, I definitely didn't paint a picture of unicorns and rainbows. Just taking a step back and looking at the big picture.

We immediately look at the situation and say the dude is a scumbag, granted he looks creepy, as an emotional response to something that upsets us. Give it time and it will work itself out and he will take Liberty where it wants to go without compromising values. The infrastructure is not changing, which means he will be the one adapting to our culture. Not creating a new one.
By Jonathan Carone
You're confusing the man and the position. No one is saying he's a scumbag or a horrible human being. What they're saying is it hasn't been proven that he sacrificed a lot of things to have the success Baylor has had.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:You're confusing the man and the position. No one is saying he's a scumbag or a horrible human being. What they're saying is it hasn't been proven that he sacrificed a lot of things to have the success Baylor has had.
Which would make him a scumbag and a horrible human being for covering up a gang rape to one of his student athletes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: Absolutely no doubt he helped build that Athletic Department from the ground up. It at what cost? Knowing about allegations of gang rape and not reporting them is kinda sort of a big deal. The report to the Board of Regents screams lack of institutional control. As for the people at Baylor scratch a little bit and you will find that it's not all unicorns and rainbows.
But... there's not an ocean in Las Vegas.

Look, I get it. I'm right there with you, but I believe where there's smoke there's fire. Literally nobody is saying anything bad about the guy when they have the opportunity to say it now. I don't smell smoke on this guy. Also, I definitely didn't paint a picture of unicorns and rainbows. Just taking a step back and looking at the big picture.

We immediately look at the situation and say the dude is a scumbag, granted he looks creepy, as an emotional response to something that upsets us. Give it time and it will work itself out and he will take Liberty where it wants to go without compromising values. The infrastructure is not changing, which means he will be the one adapting to our culture. Not creating a new one.
Yes. They are saying bad things about him as an AD. A LOT of people are saying bad things about him as an AD. His former Employer said bad things about him as an AD
Yes things will work out because JR doesn't care. It will get ignored and swept under the rug until people forget he's here. Doesn't make it right.
Doesn't mean he's the best person in the Country for the job.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]