Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Liberty is 9 over par after the first day and is currently in 9th place out of 15 teams. Team is currently 5 strokes out of a trip to the National Finals. Today is moving day. Team needs to position itself today for a top 5 finish tomorrow that will propel them to a trip to Eugene Oregon next week.
Waiting for ballcoach to suggest that LU build a golf course so that we can host the regionals. :wink:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We'd need quite a few acres to build our own course...why not partner with one of the courses we have already like Poplar Grove or London Downs or even Boonsboro Country Club?
Sly Fox wrote:Because university owned & operated courses are proving to be HUGE money-makers across the country.
Noted Sly...I looked it up and we would need about 200 open acres to make a golf course with all the amenities
I don't doubt it. Probably well into the hundreds of thousands if not millions...and that isn't including paying all the staff including your staff pro, caddies (if you have those) and other support staff
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I don't doubt it. Probably well into the hundreds of thousands if not millions...and that isn't including paying all the staff including your staff pro, caddies (if you have those) and other support staff
A high end golf course can run into the tens of millions for design and construction. Very few southern courses have caddies.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I don't doubt it. Probably well into the hundreds of thousands if not millions...and that isn't including paying all the staff including your staff pro, caddies (if you have those) and other support staff
A high end golf course can run into the tens of millions for design and construction. Very few southern courses have caddies.
Pssshhh

We have "more money than we can spend"
Ergo problem solved

<or>
Trump National at Liberty Mountain

(The guy's built a couple courses already so I hear)
PAmedic wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
Pssshhh

We have "more money than we can spend"
Ergo problem solved

<or>
Trump National at Liberty Mountain

(The guy's built a couple courses already so I hear)
The fact that this could be a reality is funny to me.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]