Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

ballcoach15 wrote:Kahane should be out of #5 car. A wasted seat in my opinion. With Hendricks' connection to LU, I think there's a good chance for Byron to get a Cup ride. Be good PR for LU to sponsor a Cup car, even as an associate sponsor.
Even if it's an "Alternate Primary" paint job, I think it would be incredible exposure for LU. It's kind of their demographic too.
By LUAlum1215
No question he's got talent. He's going to be around for a long time. But there is no way he will nor should be in a cup car next year. He's won a handful of truck races (granted more than any other rookie has) and has had a solid first half of Xfinity season, but let's not rush him. He doesn't need to be the next Joey Logano.

As far as LU in the Cup series goes, a few races here and there wouldn't surprise me but I don't see more than that. More than a half mil each week gets steep real fast.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I say give him one or two starts in 2017, but keep him full time in the NXS for 2018 and then re-evaluate after 2018. There are other drivers who I think would be better suited to step into the #88 next year. Like LUAlum said, there is ZERO question that he is talented, but rushing him to the premier series would be a detriment to his development.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote:Byron with Xfinity career win #1 in Iowa! Didn't have Liberty as the primary sponsor but I'm sure he'll win a few more this year.
There's a joke there..... Study
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
William has been on fire! And he is winning with different strategies based on the race. It is easy to see the upside the racing gurus see in his future. And not bad ROI on that sponsorship for the school.
By LUAlum1215
I'm sure there's a chance of an associate sponsorship (small logo on the side) or maybe a small number of races as primary but wouldn't expect much more than that. The cost of a cup sponsorship is much higher than xfinity or trucks.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]