Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im surprised A-Train didn't post this but LU is hosting the men's and women's tournaments at LU. the men fell to eventual champion Coastal Carolina in an epic 4-3 semifinal after getting down 3-0. the women breezed through their two matches 4-0, and after losing the doubles point to #2 seed Winthrop, have won three straight singles matches and currently lead in 1 match while another is headed to a tiebreak in set #2.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach...I am going to disagree with you, but not for the sake of disagreeing with you as apparently is my MO...If you actually understood the process behind how a conference chooses a site for their postseason events, you would probably realize that they don't just sit in a room and go, "let's not choose this school because we don't like them." Now, that being said, whatever logic that they use to not pick Liberty for championship events, even if it doesn't necessarily jive with your feelings or thoughts about it or necessarily make sense to you, is their logic. You can have whatever conspiracy theory you want about it, but its probably wrong...at least in my opinion.

As for the match itself, This was a very good year. Id love for it to have ended with us celebrating on our own court and Im disappointed that Hassey couldn't pull it out, but we have good talent coming back for 2016-17 and hopefully we can take that next step up.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have communicated with the BSC Office over their selection of sites in the past. Their rationale makes zero sense.

I see the BSC softball tournament is in Winthrop this year. According to Winthrop website, their softball stadium seats 300 people. I am surprised they didn't have it at Radford, who has the worst stadium in all of D1 softball. (this was relayed to me by a D1 coach at an ACC school)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Bear in mind, we don't know who submits bids for the championships when a given championship comes up for bid. Even if somebody from here was in the room when they open the bids, Im pretty sure they aren't going to post the numbers on a fan message board. I will agree that they don't make sense with their decisions some years but Im guessing there is some backstory involved either way, but that's just my opinion from one captain obvious to another.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]