Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Ha...my only on field/court connection to Liberty was a failed attempt at walking onto the basketball team in I think 2004 when He Who Shall Not Be Named called me Hargrave because I wore my PT shirt for tryouts
Last edited by BJWilliams on November 27th, 2015, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I did. I figured I had nothing to lose by trying so I gave it a shot. That's actually how I met He Who Shall Not Be Named I believe
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJ, I thought you were a swimmer!? And a BB gun champion!

It's a small sample size, but I'm voting for Evan Maxwell. Play Basketball
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Flames Nation News wrote:We are taking your nominees now on who should be considered for FlamesNation POY 2015
Call me old and slow, but I could use some clarification. Is this for the 15-16 academic year or the 2015 calander year ( meaning last season´s Spring sports and this year´s Fall sports?) If the latter, which basketball season do we use? I refuse to pick anyone from last years basketball team.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
This is for calendar year 2015. You can use someone from either basketball season. That individual's contributions for both seasons will be taken into consideration.

For a little bit more information, we will start voting next week from a pool of 10 candidates. That pool of 10 will be narrowed to the 3 finalists after 2 weeks of voting. Then, we will have 2 weeks of voting between the finalists.

All sports should be considered.

For an example, here's a link to last year's 10 initial nominees - http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/flam ... year-2014/
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:BJ, I thought you were a swimmer!? And a BB gun champion!

I was actually a swimmer Cider...There's a lot some people could learn about me if they spent more time actually getting to know me instead of making fun of me on here (ahem, PH, postie, and shorty for starters)

Id also like to nominate Darrin Peterson, Ednah Kurgat and Natalie Barr
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:BJ, I thought you were a swimmer!? And a BB gun champion!

I was actually a swimmer Cider...There's a lot some people could learn about me if they spent more time actually getting to know me instead of making fun of me on here (ahem, PH, postie, and shorty for starters)

Id also like to nominate Darrin Peterson, Ednah Kurgat and Natalie Barr
BJ - we love you, but we also love messing with you. Come on - you give us plenty of ammo - applying for CCU job, putting you name in for LU coaching positions, trying out for MBB team, swimmer? I swim, but I'm not a swimmer... Are you a competitive swimmer or can you stay afloat if someone pushes you in a pool?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
1) it was the PC job not the CCU job. I wouldn't betray my alma mater like that by going to our soon to be former conference rival.
2) I actually was a competitive swimmer. Went to state twice in high school...after overcoming a severe fear of water. I injured my knee in military school and that ended that chapter in my story
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You'd need to take WAY too much creative license to make that a) believable and b) watchable
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:You'd need to take WAY too much creative license to make that a) believable and b) watchable
There is basically no such thing as too much creative license in the movie-making business. Believability is not a factor either.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Who would play BJ?
Hard to choose between Denzel Washington and Will Smith for that role. :dontgetit
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]