Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not knowing where this goes precisely, I thought Id post the theme and song list for the 2015 marching band show, with the full band reporting to begin work on it this weekend.

Light Up The Night

Featuring:

A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay
Moondance by Michael Buble (and Van Morrison I believe)
Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra
Firework by Katy Perry
Counting Stars by OneRepublic
On Top Of The World by Imagine Dragons
Mars and Jupiter from The Planets by Gustav Holst

The band will debut the first portion during the opener against Delaware State with the full show, Im guessing, getting its initial performance for the Blue Ridge Festival of Bands October 3, and its debut for the football crowd coming on Homecoming Night against Kennesaw State.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'd love to see them make the trip too.since it won't be the whole show there will be time
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote: The band will debut the first portion during the opener against Delaware State
But I want to see Delaware State's marching band!
Ditto
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote: The band will debut the first portion during the opener against Delaware State
But I want to see Delaware State's marching band!
Ditto
Marching bands don´t make a lot of road trips, but we generally work it out for the band to come to the Bill when we play a HBCU like Delaware St.. Our admin. knows the fans love it. Hopefully a little extra was added when we negotiated their fee to cover the cost.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I come to Williams Stadium to watch FOOTBALL, but I'm glad that BJ and a few others like to watch the band, too (hoping that doesn't sound too much like Ballcoach).
:oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I come to Williams Stadium to watch FOOTBALL, but I'm glad that BJ and a few others like to watch the band, too (hoping that doesn't sound too much like Ballcoach).
:oldhag
ballcoach? That you?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
THe thing I like about this particular lineup is its almost all newer songs that the students will be familiar with. I'd love to see something like "Uptown Funk" end up in the library as a stands tune if not part of a future show.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I was too busy at the concession stands buying my nachos.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Jupiter is overdone as a halftime song. It was old when I was in high school and we played it. Otherwise, sounds like a good show.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]