Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

East comes to the mountain after 20 years in Blacksburg, where he had held the same position with the Hokies since 2006. He was let go along with another Associate AD, Jon Jauden, in a ¨restructuring¨by AD Whit Babcock. This is a newly created position at LU.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 25&TeamID=

Among other things, East was in charge of football game day experience at VT, which has a reputation as being one of the best in FBS. Despite the opposite job titles, it looks like he may be taking some of the duties formerly handled by Mickey Gurity, who is Associate AD for Internal Operations.
My favorite part of the article was:

"East cultivated a game day environment at Virginia Tech through the years that helped Blacksburg grow to have one of the best game day atmospheres and team entrance videos in all of college football."

If he can bring some of that game day experience to Liberty, then it would be awesome to have folks choose to attend a Liberty game vs VT or UVA.

Another great credit for him:

"Additionally, East oversaw the creation of HokieSports Weekly, an online publication recapping the previous week's athletics results with a heavy photographic emphasis. The page is one of the most visited sites on HokieSports.com."

As a subscriber to that, I must say that I have often thought that Liberty should have something like it.

Looks like an excellent hire for the dept.
I would love to see the LU gameday experience become one of the tops in FCS. Establish some awesome LU-centric traditions on the level of "Enter Sandman" for the Hokies. Id go to a Tech home game just to be in the stands when that hits on the loudspeakers
BJWilliams wrote:I would love to see the LU gameday experience become one of the tops in FCS. Establish some awesome LU-centric traditions on the level of "Enter Sandman" for the Hokies. Id go to a Tech home game just to be in the stands when that hits on the loudspeakers
I´ve been to maybe 20 FCS football venues over the years, and the only one that compared to what we have been doing at the Bill was at App State. Depending on how you define öne of the tops¨, I would say we are close if not there already. Montana and a few others probably have it over us in gameday stuff. This hire presents an opportunity to take it to an entirely new level.
Montana's gameday experience is awesome as SumItUp and I can attest with other son this board. But much of it has to do with the atmosphere around the stadium and the setting itself. I think Griz fans are going to be blown away by what they see at Williams Stadium this fall.
olldflame wrote:I didn´t say he was taking Micky´s responsibilities SJ, just that it looks like there are SOME things he has been doing that would fall under this position. That wouldn´t necessarily be a bad thing at all for Gurity, who has had a mighty full plate.
Guridy
I wish he would design a real tunnel for the team to run through like VT's. The inflatable tunnel is good, but a permanent one would be better.
I have inquired about this prior, and was told it would "mess up" the stage for commencement ceremony. They could just shift stage left or right of tunnel and all would be well.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]