Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Kiwon
Can someone remind me.......Why is the Liberty Channel not streaming any longer?

Is it available locally but not online right now?

What's going on.....rebranding (like with radio), retooling the on-air talent, new studios (complete with the "old" field turf from Williams Stadium)?

Someone please fill in the gaps for me.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Good question. Can't even get the webpage now.

I had always hoped that it would be available through Roku, but that never happened. Used to watch it here in NC on Sky Angel, until it went belly up. No access now, without the internet stream.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
As far as sports are concerned, so much of it is on ESPN3 now and I believe is exclusive, so they couldn´t stream it anyway. That doesn´t explain why all the other programming has also disappeared though.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I see what you mean about the website showing up as a broken/removed link.

nothing online at all now that I can find

you'd think they'd have a placeholder or something
Pastor Jonathan announced in church this morning that Liberty has transferred what was The Liberty Channel to TRBC. It is now WLHG-CD, broadcasting TRBC live services repeated several times during the week, and other teachers like Jack Graham and Charles Stanley. Pulpit Classics and A Legacy of Faith will also air on the new station. It can be found online at http://hopenow.tv
By Kiwon
justin414 wrote:Pastor Jonathan announced in church this morning that Liberty has transferred what was The Liberty Channel to TRBC. It is now WLHG-CD, broadcasting TRBC live services repeated several times during the week, and other teachers like Jack Graham and Charles Stanley. Pulpit Classics and A Legacy of Faith will also air on the new station. It can be found online at http://hopenow.tv
Thanks for the info. So it looks like the Religious and Sports broadcasting sides will separated. But why do viewers/fans have to guess or speculate what's going on? Announce it.

Also, with so many employees, why can't someone at The Liberty Channel or LFSN respond to an email or tweet? If these were retail companies they'd get a "F" in Customer Service.

Guys, viewers ARE your customers. If LU wants to establish itself as a national brand, TV is integral so don't frustrate the loyal viewers/fans you already have. COMMUNICATE! Supporters want everything LU to succeed. Just let us in on the plans.

So now we are waiting for the mystery Sports network to suddenly appear...... :dontgetit Why not give us a preview of what is planned and create some expectation?

Content? Times? Outlets? The rationale for changing The Liberty Channel? I think this is info viewers would like to know. Incomplete answers are okay, but some information is better than not communicating at all.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My guess is when things are ready, they will be announced. Let's not slam the LFSN folks on here who are probably anxious to hear the news themselves.

OTA broadcasting is dying rapidly. So giving the broadcast signal to TRBC shouldn't have major implications on LFSN moving forward. I am anxious to hear how we will leverage on our content on new platforms beyond Watch ESPN. That's where the real interest should lie for those of us away from the mountain.
Kiwon wrote:
justin414 wrote:Pastor Jonathan announced in church this morning that Liberty has transferred what was The Liberty Channel to TRBC. It is now WLHG-CD, broadcasting TRBC live services repeated several times during the week, and other teachers like Jack Graham and Charles Stanley. Pulpit Classics and A Legacy of Faith will also air on the new station. It can be found online at http://hopenow.tv
Thanks for the info. So it looks like the Religious and Sports broadcasting sides will separated. But why do viewers/fans have to guess or speculate what's going on? Announce it.

Also, with so many employees, why can't someone at The Liberty Channel or LFSN respond to an email or tweet? If these were retail companies they'd get a "F" in Customer Service.

Guys, viewers ARE your customers. If LU wants to establish itself as a national brand, TV is integral so don't frustrate the loyal viewers/fans you already have. COMMUNICATE! Supporters want everything LU to succeed. Just let us in on the plans.

So now we are waiting for the mystery Sports network to suddenly appear...... :dontgetit Why not give us a preview of what is planned and create some expectation?

Content? Times? Outlets? The rationale for changing The Liberty Channel? I think this is info viewers would like to know. Incomplete answers are okay, but some information is better than not communicating at all.
No offense but clearly you have no idea about the work environment, nor the inner-workings of the leadership structure at LU. It's a highly rigid, top down organization. Secrecy is paramount, sometimes to a fault on most any future changes and plans. You aren't going to find out anything about the plans until leadership is ready for you to, and you will not receive any communications from employees because they: 1) Don't know or 2) are afraid of leaking out any changes for fear of their job.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
* Old Liberty Channel now is TRBC Digital and owned by church
* old station only covered Lynchburg (about 35,000 households)
* new full power station (WFFP/Channel 24) is now online and will cover the most of the DMA by the end of the summer, including Dish and Direct (about 350,000 households)
* sports will be on this new station, but due to program contract issues, it will not be streamed
* the plan right now is that sports will be available via stream on LibertyFlames.com and the mobile app, but many details to be worked out
* the wider distribution to other stations/networks is still being worked out
JK37 wrote:* new full power station (WFFP/Channel 24) is now online and will cover the most of the DMA by the end of the summer, including Dish and Direct (about 350,000 households)
:clapping
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:will cover the most of the DMA by the end of the summer, including Dish and Direct (about 350,000 households)
That's awesome.
By Kiwon
Humble_Opinion wrote:
Kiwon wrote:

No offense but clearly you have no idea about the work environment, nor the inner-workings of the leadership structure at LU. It's a highly rigid, top down organization. Secrecy is paramount, sometimes to a fault on most any future changes and plans. You aren't going to find out anything about the plans until leadership is ready for you to, and you will not receive any communications from employees because they: 1) Don't know or 2) are afraid of leaking out any changes for fear of their job.
No offense taken and you are correct I don't understand the leadership structure. But, "if the shoe fits, wear it;" if it doesn't, then don't worry about it. If an employee doesn't have knowledge or authority to speak then so be it. Ignore my complaints.

But President Falwell reads and posts on here. I believe that he can take note and direct that a 2-3 sentence explanation be posted somewhere that outlines the general plan going forward. We all assume that new changes further the school's mission and LU supporters are immensely loyal and want to see the university succeed in everything it does.

However, silence and blank web pages don't show much respect for loyal viewers. Why should they invest their time if they aren't valued? The proper approach is to acknowledge your viewers and just explain that bigger and better things are on the way. It's not that difficult. As many of us have heard, "The opposite of love is not hate, but indifference." Well, ignoring your viewers is in poor form. Good communication equals respect for the viewers and builds loyalty. It's just good business.
By Kiwon
JK37 wrote:* Old Liberty Channel now is TRBC Digital and owned by church
* old station only covered Lynchburg (about 35,000 households)
* new full power station (WFFP/Channel 24) is now online and will cover the most of the DMA by the end of the summer, including Dish and Direct (about 350,000 households)
* sports will be on this new station, but due to program contract issues, it will not be streamed
* the plan right now is that sports will be available via stream on LibertyFlames.com and the mobile app, but many details to be worked out
* the wider distribution to other stations/networks is still being worked out
Thanks for the info.
Kiwon - Your post provides a great description of best practices in customer service for any business and the negative effects of doing the opposite. My point is that LU is highly centralized and top-down in its management approach. You aren't going to see Jerry come on here and post a two or three sentence statement about what's going on, and you probably are not going to get that from anyone in the organization. That is the character of LU, in part, probably because of Jerry. Sometimes it has negative effects and it's semi-annoying for the fans and alum. The secrecy and centralization do have positive impacts for the organization though too, so I doubt it will change anytime soon.
By Kiwon
Humble_Opinion wrote:Kiwon - Your post provides a great description of best practices in customer service for any business and the negative effects of doing the opposite. My point is that LU is highly centralized and top-down in its management approach. You aren't going to see Jerry come on here and post a two or three sentence statement about what's going on, and you probably are not going to get that from anyone in the organization. That is the character of LU, in part, probably because of Jerry. Sometimes it has negative effects and it's semi-annoying for the fans and alum. The secrecy and centralization do have positive impacts for the organization though too, so I doubt it will change anytime soon.
I get what your saying. You have more knowledge of things than I do.

My suggestion was to post a simple message on the Liberty Channel link page giving visitors something to look forward to rather than them reading "The page you requested was not found."

I'm sure things will work out but a little bit of courtesy and professionalism makes a positive impression. Word to the wise.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]