Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
And anybody know the premier date of HopeNowTV on Dish and Direct, if that's happening?
Sounds like cozitv content will be aired, with breaks for local news and LFSN programing???? I guess CH 24 will be part of the local package cable providers offer in the Lynchburg, Roanoke, Danville area. Most likely I will not be able to receive it on DISH because I'm a half mile south of the VA line. Our local package is out of the Triad. Maybe it's time for me to add an old fashion antenna in the attic.
24.1 is Cozi
24.2 says WFFP - and according to a comment it will be the Movies channel.

But WFFP is morningstar tv out of Lynchburg???

I'm not following. Will the games break into 24.1 cozi tv...

Or is 24.2 going to be the "new" Liberty channel.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
So do you think it is 24.3 that will show the Liberty football and basketball games?

Does anyone know if they will still be on 13.2??

I only get 13.2 and the 24.1 and 24.2, but I'll probably get 24.3 if I rescan...I don't currently get the 43.1 because I live in Halifax.

I'm just trying to figure out what station to record the games on. I go to the games...then I like to watch them again. It adds to the victory or misery, either way.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I know I'm an :oldhag , but what are all these decimals associated with TV channels? :dontgetit
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So these are online channels?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I really didn't know people still used rabbit ears. Isn't this 2015? :dontgetit
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Rabbit ears have gotten better.

Now you get a digital picture and all kinds of channels.

It's actually clearer than satellite.

And it's FREE!!!

I don't have cable at all. The only problem is, I don't have a DVR...so I'm still recording my liberty games from a second antenna attached to a digital converter box, which is connected to an old VCR.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
jimflamesfan wrote:Rabbit ears have gotten better.

Now you get a digital picture and all kinds of channels.

It's actually clearer than satellite.

And it's FREE!!!

I don't have cable at all. The only problem is, I don't have a DVR...so I'm still recording my liberty games from a second antenna attached to a digital converter box, which is connected to an old VCR.
That's what I've done, go entirely with an antenna supplemented by internet options. No. 1 son lives just north of Greensboro and gets nearly 50 channels, including Lynchburg networks. A fair amount is junk TV (infomercials) but there is enough to survive on, especially with Apple TV or Roku, etc., added to the mix and it's free. If you come up with a way to get ESPN you're in business. I'm surprised ugly rooftop antennas haven't made more of a comeback although I bet antenna sales are up the last 5 years or so.

A challenge is recording. Haven't looked into that. Is the TiVo thing still around? Maybe that's an option.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I really didn't know people still used rabbit ears. Isn't this 2015? :dontgetit
Even if you have cable or satellite, OTA will be BETTER quality (when you can get it). You SHOULD have it set up so that you can go to OTA for watching live, local network affiliates... Of course, I DON'T watch "live" local tv, except for football!
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
So, what type of rabbit ears are you guys using? Looking to possibly cut the cord when our DirecTV subscription expires in March. Looking for suggestions.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:So, what type of rabbit ears are you guys using? Looking to possibly cut the cord when our DirecTV subscription expires in March. Looking for suggestions.
Do it! I flirted with the idea for a couple years before actually cutting the cord. My only regret is I wish I would have done it sooner.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Go with an amplified antenna if you are in a fringe area. I had two antennas of the same model where I used to live -- one amplified and one not -- and could pull in two more channels with the amplified.

For indoor, I've had success with a Terk Amplified (about $45) but also use a Mohu Leaf in one room. It's paper thin, not bulky like the Terk.

Am considering getting a Mohu Sky 60 for outdoor/attic (about $130). Was told they work well.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]