Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flowserve
Registration Days Posts
Check on ebay, you should get an antenna with an amplifier having a range of 150 miles. In Lynchburg you should get about 26 channels and more if you are closer to NC. (fox 21 & 27 and 43.1 and 24.3 are the same) so that will bring it down to 23 different channels.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
alabama24 wrote:We are on top of the mountain, but in a valley.
This confuses me! I've spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how that's possible. Save me!
Translation: valley = hollow, or as they say in WV, "holler." :oldhag
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
alabama24 wrote:We are on top of the mountain, but in a valley.
This confuses me! I've spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how that's possible. Save me!
You must have never grown up in the mountains! Lol

Think of the traditional volcano shape... An inverted cone with a divot on top. A dormant volcano can have an entire eco system with a rim encircling the top... So someone could live on "top" of a mountain but in a valley.

I currently live with hills and slopes on three sides. Most importantly, I have tall hills to the west and northwest where the signals would come from.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:You must have never grown up in the mountains!
Considering Bama24 wrote that to JK37, that's maybe the funniest thing that I've ever read on Flame Fans. :rofl
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ok, ok, ok. A situation like that has always been closer to the "side" of a mountain as opposed to on top of it. But I give in.

It was crazy how much I got used to the coast living in SC and FL for five years after college. When I moved back to the mountains, I realized how much I missed them. I missed four seasons. And I never realized until then the way the shadows of the mountains change the perception of light from the sun in autumn and winter.

I digress. We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Listened to the Fan Fest on my lunch break at work and heard Warner confirm that GameOn is reverting to a weekly format this year instead of a daily
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
NewsAdvance.com wrote:Once this academic year and athletic season get under way, Liberty’s president said, the channel (WFFP) will carry Liberty’s sports events and thrice-a-week convocation gatherings. He explained the school also has a partnership in place with Cozi TV network to show 1950s and ’60s television programs to fill in time on the station. All the area cable providers should eventually pick up the station, he said.

He said since Liberty got WFFP, it didn’t need to retain its prior channel.

“A lot of the old Liberty channel was religious programming already and it just made more sense to be Thomas Road Baptist Church’s channel,” he said.
Click Here for Full Story
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:I may look into the cheapest Mohu. I put in my zip code and it says I'll get 18 channels. Thanks for the recommendations.
Are you indeed in FL? If you were in the burg, I would let you test run my Mohu.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
adam42381 wrote:I may look into the cheapest Mohu. I put in my zip code and it says I'll get 18 channels. Thanks for the recommendations.
Are you indeed in FL? If you were in the burg, I would let you test run my Mohu.
Yes, I live in Fort Myers.
I read that entire article, and I'm still confused.

It says that they have an arrangement with Cozi to "fill time".

Right now, Cozi is on 24.1.

The preaching/teaching is on 24.3.

24.2 has colored bars and sound.

The article makes it sound like Liberty games will be shown on 24.1. But if 24.3 is a mirror of the old Liberty Channel, it would make more sense that it would be on there.

STILL CONFUSED. I DON'T KNOW WHICH STATION TO RECORD!!
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
This isn't scientific or anything, but they are showing the volleyball games on 24.1.

So, it appears that LU sports will actually interupt the Cozi broadcasting.

I'm inferring from this that the football games will be on 24.1.
adam42381 wrote:
alabama24 wrote:
Yes, I live in Fort Myers.

We bought an antenna for $10 and use the Roku 2 for Netflix streaming ($8 a month) and it works out just fine. We live in Bradenton and get around 20 local stations with the antenna including some Lifestyle channel that shows random Liberty sports--caught a couple of football, baseball, &hockey games last year. I need to email them to find out if they could send me a schedule of the games their gonna air in the fall, but I'm assuming that you would have the same station in Ft Myers. The only downside is we don't have access to ESPN 3 games since we are only using Brighthouse for internet and not T.V.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?pid=18495&MID=165117
Liberty University fans in the Lynchburg/Roanoke/Danville area who are unable to attend home games or travel with the team on the road have more opportunities than ever to catch the Flames in action. Home and away contests covered by the Liberty Flames Sports Network will now be broadcast live by WFFP-TV, channel 24, a new full-power television station in the area.

WFFP-TV is the new primary outlet for Liberty Flames sports broadcasts, with in-season Flames athletics, including football, men’s and women’s basketball, ice hockey, and more as part of the station’s regular programming lineup. WFFP broadcasts can be viewed on Comcast channels 14 (SD) and 803 (HD), as well as on other cable and satellite providers. Contact your local provider for channels and availability.

WFFP-TV is a COZI TV affiliate, providing family-friendly programming to Central and Southwest Virginia. The station will also air select Convocations from Liberty.

Viewers can also watch the Flames online at http://www.Liberty.edu/TV.
By Kiwon
Yacht Rock wrote:Viewers can also watch the Flames online at http://www.Liberty.edu/TV.
Just to reiterate to the powers that be.....online streaming is important for LU fans outside the U.S.

The only live games I will get to see will be those broadcast on Flames TV and the BSN. The other avenues are not available to me. Frankly, I have looked and I can't make heads or tails out of the paid subscription services for "The Walk" TV channel outlets.

I can only hope that the BSN will post replays of most games. I am unsure of their criteria though. In any case, I am grateful for what I can get. Please broadcast or replay as many games at Liberty.edu as possible.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]