Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I remember watching Mike Hatch hold his own against Carleton Haselrig of Pitt Johnstown when we faced them as members of the D2 Mason Dixon Conference. Haselrig was one of the all time great college wrestlers, winning 6 national championships, 3 D1 and 3 D2. Then, after never playing college football, he went on to become a pro bowl OL for the Steelers.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
A good group. I had forgotten how big of a slugger Pat Sipe was. He holds the career records for HR (59, including season record of 20) and RBI (226). He also has D1 slugging records.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Green finally gets in

will be interesting to see/hear from him
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Eric used to call me Bat Mite when we are in school back in the day. He was on a whole other level back in the day.

But Pat Sipe was almost superhuman for a season or two for the Flames when I was a student. He not only hit a nunch of homers, they were tape-measure jobs. We all assumed he would follow Sid straight to the Bigs. Glad to see his feats have not been forgotten.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Good to see one from my time (and manson and postie) make it in finally.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Katie's Lady Flames squad made their Sweet 16 run 10 years ago postie...think about that
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Good to see one from my time (and manson and postie) make it in finally.
Umm, you're leaving quite a few posters out in this post :P
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I know...manson and postie were the only "young hags" I knew personally at that point In fact, I still havent met quite a few of the younger posters from my "professional student" days at LU now that I think about it
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I know...manson and postie were the only "young hags" I knew personally at that point In fact, I still havent met quite a few of the younger posters from my "professional student" days at LU now that I think about it
Umm, we were both in the same dorm the year the Sweet 16 happened, and Postie was in my graduating class.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]