Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Here is my annual report on the disc golf team at Nationals.

Championship Flight:
LU finished 9th overall this year, earning an automatic spot in next year's championships. Top Flame this year was Lance Brown at -4 (43rd place), with Brent Prudich coming in 114th with a +3, Devin Swartz in at 52nd (-3), and Ira Towns and Daniel Ballard at 241, each with an unfinished round.

First Flight:
The First Flight team finished 3rd at -18. Leading the Flames in individual competition were Colby Robinson and Ben Brown, who tied at +7, finishing in 11th place. Jordan Strother was only two shots behind them in 16th place, and Ira Towns ended up in 21st at +10.

Second Flight:
The Second FLight team finished in 2nd, 24 shots behind the dominating performance of Ferris State's team, and 22 shots ahead of third place Cal State Monterey Bay. Individual leaders on this team were Jarrod Goodhue and Zachary Nichol tied for 3rd at -4, and Bridger Melton one shot back in 5th place. Jon Younce and Edward Lipscomb both ended up not able to complete the tournament and finished in 13th place.

Liberty did not field a women's team this year - hopefully next year!

All in all a great year for the Flames disc golf teams. Ferris State was dominant in all flights this year, including winning the Championship Flight in a playoff with Nevada-Reno.
Video isn't up yet for this year, but this round between Oregon and Alabama last year will give you an idea of the courses played, and the competition. The weather seems to have been a lot better this year than last, too.

[youtube]
[/youtube]
Sly Fox wrote:That Alabama golfer's waggle is worse than Sergio. He stresses me out watching him.
It's funny watching some people - especially the touring pros. There's one guy from North Carolina that has to flip the disc over in his hands three times (no more, no less ;-) ) each time before he putts. Of course, he makes most of them, so maybe I should try it.
I was curious (and bored) yesterday so I checked in to see what the LU disc golf team members have been doing since the NCDGC. Not a whole lot, as it turns out.

Lance Brown took 8th in the No Quarter at New Quarter tournament, 2nd at the Tar Heel Tournament, and another 8th place at the Spike Hyzer Stoney Creek Crusher, but hasn't competed since the end of May. He is scheduled to play the (very) prestigious Maple Hill Open in a couple of weeks.

Brent Prudich took 2nd at the GSF Classic, and is playing the WVDGA Chanpionship this weekend. He's from Charleston (WVa), so I may actually see him play some this summer, if he ends up travelling a bit west to compete (or I travel a bit east to compete).
OK, so a final shout-out to Lance Brown -- I'm subscribed to this channel on YouTube (mainly just because it's about the only way to see a couple of really good players anymore, since they don't tour much at all), and running in 4th at the start of the round is Lance Brown. He shoots an awesome round and ends up third, and gets an interview at the end of the video. Kid represents Liberty well.

[youtube]
[/youtube]
Had to resurrect this thread to not this appearance by Lance in the final nine at a pretty major tournament a little while back. He wasn't on the lead card at all throughout the tourney, but shot a record-breaking round to tie for the lead going into the "final nine" - usually a victory lap of sorts for the eventual winner, but lately final nine rounds have had some drama.

Commentary on this one, which makes it a little more interesting.

[youtube]
[/youtube]
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]