Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
Not really a shock, I knew it was coming eventually.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I saw the story and am not surprised by it happening. I am surprised it has happened so fast. It would be a great recruitment tool that is for sure.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I really don't think this means anything as far as conference realignment unless UAB gets booted. even still CUSA is a bigger jump than SBC and I think that SBC door is closed.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I wouldn't expect them to do anything. I suspect at the league meeting they will make some ruckus but ultimately they will leave it at each school's discetion. Most recognize that we are doing whatever we can to get out the door.
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:I really don't think this means anything as far as conference realignment unless UAB gets booted. even still CUSA is a bigger jump than SBC and I think that SBC door is closed.
It may be closed for now. But it will open with more movement soon. the only thing that is constant is change.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The Big South hasn't ruled one way or another yet. Liberty is basically forcing their hand by saying we are doing this regardless of what you say. The Big South has three options:

1) Require COA for all schools.
2) Allow individual schools to decide what they want to do.
3) Declare COA illegal in the conference.

Number 1 isn't happening.
Number 3 could happen but they'd put themselves in a position to have to boot Liberty from the league. Would they do that?
Number 2 is most likely. Number 3 is most intriguing.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Number 3 would be so incredibly dumb so that is probably what they will do. haha
Unless the other schools are tired of us looking for a new dance partner while still with them.

On one hand, we're propping the conference up as the #2 program in the league.

On the other, we're handcuffing the league moving forward because they don't know when/if we're leaving.

Which hand you're in depends on who you talk to.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote: On one hand, we're propping the conference up as the #2 program in the league.
Must. not. take. Bait. ISWYDT
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
cynic

but you're not wrong. Assuming mens hoops gets back on track, IMHO:

LU/CCU = AppSt/GeoSouth

its a push at best

they deserve a ton of credit
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If we can get basketball on track it'll be much closer, but they're still ahead. They've been further in the playoffs and ranked higher. They've been there more often as well.

In baseball, we're at least 5 years behind them. They've been a 1-seed multiple times, have hosted regionals and made a super regional.

We don't like to admit it, but Beat Coastal started because we wanted to overtake them. We haven't done it yet.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
this is the age old argument tho... MAJOR sports or ALL sports???

I know FB and MBB is king * obviously add baseball for you guys down there

FH, Lax, Swimming, XCountry, T/F, WBB?

I'd argue we are ahead in most if not all of them

Add golf recently, and tennis this year and probably going forward... lotsa momentum in those programs

in 2 yrs softball won't even be close: bank on it

I won't say SASSER CUP but... SASSER CUP
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
People who bring up all-sport conference awards do it because they have to convince themselves something other than the big three matter.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm saying from an overall AD standpoint/ranking structure you HAVE to consider it

not a revenue based view
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:I'm saying from an overall AD standpoint/ranking structure you HAVE to consider it

not a revenue based view
Only if you aren't the leader in the big three.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
you're wrong

go have another twinkie
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
if I'm ADJB you just cannot overlook 9 sports for the fact that you lag in a couple

even if they're the big ones

how else do you judge the success of a school's overall athletic dept?

again... Twinkie time
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
(both of us should probably be doing something much more productive)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]