Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure they've done the research, but the figure seems a bit alarming. Hopefully it's not an issue going forward.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:A school like LU messing with financial numbers and being dishonest with money (IF it's true) would cause us to be lumped back in with the likes of the most well-known and filthy televangelists out there. So I have to believe LU has covered its tail on this.
Yeah because the cost of living in Lynchburg is so much higher than say LA
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The only figure we have seen quoted was for a kid from Minnesota factoring in airfare. I'd be careful making judgements about where our numbers are in comparison to others when we are in purely a speculative discussion.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We are a private school. Unless someone actually says how much our students get, all we have to go off of is what is reported. It may not be true, but unless refuted, it's all we've got.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
jk37 - Careful was being used in respect to casting uninformed aspersions. But I agree.

SJ - I have no direct knowledge, but I am getting the impression that there is not a hard & fast number for all student athletes at LU. Travel costs are a significant factor in total number if I am understanding things properly. But I freely admit that is just my hypothesis.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I think this is a stupid move by the NCAA. They should just make it a flat rate based on a median number. That would be fair and reduce what I am sure will be inflated numbers
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The only figure we have seen quoted was for a kid from Minnesota factoring in airfare. I'd be careful making judgements about where our numbers are in comparison to others when we are in purely a speculative discussion.
I thought it was pretty clear that Probert referred to a number he was given by us for FCOA ($6000). He expressed he was surprised at how much it was and indicated it made his decision to come so far easier because he could use part of it for airfare. I don´t see any way this can be individualized, and in fact I don´t think that is allowed. The figure each school pays is based on what they expect to be the average of the allowable ¨full cost¨ expenses above what is included in the athletic scholarship for that schools student athletes. If a school recruits nationally like Liberty, they will have more students traveling greater distances and thus a higher travel cost per athlete. That would partially explain our high number. I would speculate the rest of it probably has to do with the fact that because we can afford it, we had the responsible people in our AD taking a good look at ALL the things which we are allowed to pay for and included everything but the kitchin sink at the maximum reasonable amounts. Quite frankly, a college student living on campus is really not affected that much by the local COL and it´s pretty well established that the burg is NOT an expensive place to live.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]