Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Five members to be added to Athletics Hall of Fame for 2014
July 7, 2014 : Liberty University Athletics
Liberty University Athletics has announced that five new members will be inducted into the Athletics Hall of Fame during an induction ceremony on Sept. 19:
Mike Decker, Men's Track & Field, 1999-2001
Wayne Haddix, Football, 1983-86
Matt Hildebrand, Men's Basketball, 1991-94
Jake Matthes, Men's Cross Country/Track & Field Coach, 1976-91
Delethea Quarles, Women's Track & Field, 1987-89
http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18495&MID=122431
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Mrs. Purple, of course, who dominated the hardwood back in the Coach Farver days. Play Basketball
She may have been the only Kodak All American
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Hildo may be the most memorable for some of you. But Wayne was the man not only for the Flames but in the NFL. We've mentioned it before on here, but if you ever played Tecmo Bowl he was unstoppable on that game. I bumped into him at Homecoming two years ago and hope to do so again for the ceremony. Great guy.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Hildo may be the most memorable for some of you. But Wayne was the man not only for the Flames but in the NFL. We've mentioned it before on here, but if you ever played Tecmo Bowl he was unstoppable on that game. I bumped into him at Homecoming two years ago and hope to do so again for the ceremony. Great guy.

I plan on being in attendance again this year as well. It was a great ceremony last season watching my teammate Bailey Alston get inducted. This year I will be there to support my fellow LFSN co-worker and friend Matt Hildebrand. Also it will be nice to catch up with my old friends Delethia Quarles and Wayne Haddix.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
from @LUADjeff instagram
The inductees. Proud to add them as our sixth class. Coach Matthew, Mike Decker, Dee Quarles, Matt Hildebrand and Wayne Haddix.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Proofread before you push send Jeff. Coach Matthews?

Man, Matt has never been a heavyweight but he looks almost too skinny now.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Proofread before you push send Jeff. Coach Matthews?
He said Coach Matthew. As in Coach Matthew Hildebrand.

Did I miss their recognition at the football game?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It was at halftime. And may as well have missed it. PA left a little to be desired.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:It was at halftime. And may as well have missed it. PA left a little to be desired.
Ok I missed it. Glad they got recognized.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]