Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 78&TeamID=

What I find most interesting in that list is the growing trend to athletes graduating while they still have eligibility and finishing their athletic careers as grad students. I noticed in particular that WBB players Ashley Rininger and Catherine Kearney, both of whom have redshirted, are graduating after 3 years with 2 years of eligibility. This should allow them to leave LU after 5 years with a Masters degree, all paid for by their scholarship. Not a bad deal for a non-revenue sport athlete!

Although a walkon in MBB, Ethan Layer also graduates with 2 years of eligibility remaining.

Other notables that will be playing as grad students next year are 7 football players, all of them starters or key reserves: Dlyan Bowman, Dominique Davis, Mitch Hanson, Gabe Henderson, Dexter Herman, Greg Ray and Kenny Scott.

With a bachelors degree not meaning what it used to in the job market, I think the days of redshirted athletes stretching their course load out over 5 years are over for all but the most borderline students. The serious student athletes are going for that BS ASAP and then working to get as many credits toward a Masters as they can while still on the scholarship dime.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
With summer school, if you take a normal 15-hour course load during the semester, it's pretty easy to graduate in three years. If you have half a brain and are remotely driven, it's by far the best route to go.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:With summer school, if you take a normal 15-hour course load during the semester, it's pretty easy to graduate in three years. If you have half a brain and are remotely driven, it's by far the best route to go.
Correct. I think a lot of people are under the misconception that it's tough to graduate in 4 years as an athlete, when in fact, because scholarships cover tuition, room and board for summer school, it is actually easier than for a regular student who takes summers off to work. A lot of athletes want to spend the summer in town to work out with teammates at school facilities anyway.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]