Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

I have been remiss in reporting on Liberty's participation in the NCDGC this year, and they had a pretty good year. The tournament was held April 16-19 in North Augusta SC in some pretty brutal conditions.

First, the team competition:
Liberty's men's team finished 23rd in the championship flight, only about 5 strokes out of the finals. The women's team finished 4th at +281 after 12 rounds. The First Flight team finished 7th, 7 shots out of the finals. The Second Flight team won this year with a score of 38 over par over 12 rounds.

Individual competition:
In the championship flight, Joses Merat led the way with an 18th place finish and was named a second team All American. He was +3 after 3 rounds of individual play. Lance Brown was the next highest Flame in 88th place with a +5. Devin Swartz was 96th with a +7, and Luke Laubscher was 142nd at +18. For the women, Melissa Truman was the top Flame, coming in 10th with a score of +46 over 2 rounds. Hannah Croake was 16th at +54,and Shelby Keith was 25th at +76.

Jared Lebo was 4th in the First Flight competition, with a score of -6. Jarrod Goodhue was 30th at +4, Jordan Strother was 68th at +11, and Ira Towns was 108th at +19, each over two rounds.

Caleb Nicol led the individual scoring for the Second Flight team, coming in 4th at even par. Tyler Andrick Towns was 7th at +18, Carson Dortch was 11th at +23, and Kyle Hoppe was 14th at +27, each after two rounds.

Judging from video I've seen on YouTube, weather conditions were horrible, with a LOT of wind and rain throughout the tournament his year. Personally, I think LU's team needs to hit some more tournaments on open courses; the course on campus is plenty challenging, but it's also wooded. The NCDGC plays on more open courses, and the wind can really have an impact on play there.

I just wish there had been disc golf when I was there ;-)
We have a six hole course at the church. We've turned it into an 8-hole course by doubling two of the holes. We decided to have our version of The Master's in two weeks. My mid-range game and my putting is coming around pretty nicely right now. My driving is horrible. I'm letting go too early a lot of the times or holding on too long others. I'd say it's 50% too early, 25% too long, and 25% decent drives. If I can get my driving down, I've got a shot to play well.

This has nothing to do with the Liberty team but I had nowhere else to talk about this.
SuperJon wrote:Are you kidding me? Over disc golf? What is wrong with disc golf? You're outside, a lot of the times in the woods, competing with other dudes. How is that not man card worthy?
Maybe if you were using a Glock and shooting steel plate, then I could see it.

this is a step removed from naked male jello wrestling
I played today. First round (8-hole course) was at +1. Started getting a feel for my drive again. Just gotta get the mechanics right. Made a few long putts to get out of trouble. Second round went in the crapper and I was +7. If I can get my drive going, I can get back to playing par to -2 each round. I did a couple of flicks just because I didn't trust my driver and my elbow is killing me now.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]