Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

thepostman wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I played a couple rounds at peaks view...I dont have the touch most people have around the basket but I can rip some long drives on my backhand
this is enough of a reason not to play. I'm with medic on this one.
The fact that BJ is probably driving better than me makes me reevaluate my life.
What are you driving with, SJ?

Threw my best drive ever last Saturday at doubles -- 325' or so forehand. I was just glad I had witnesses. Of course I missed the 40 footer for birdie :(

9 times out of 10, that drive would have hit a tree about 75 feet from the teepad.
The driver I bought last weekend is a Nuke. When I throw it well I like it. Still getting used to it though. I've also got a Beast that I sometimes use off the tee or second shot on a par four. And then I use a Groove for my flick and tomahawk.
SuperJon wrote:The driver I bought last weekend is a Nuke. When I throw it well I like it. Still getting used to it though. I've also got a Beast that I sometimes use off the tee or second shot on a par four. And then I use a Groove for my flick and tomahawk.
I've thought about getting a Nuke SS, but I don't really have the arm-speed for something like that. I've been throwing a Mantis forehand for a while and it's done pretty well for me, and that's about as fast as I go.
PAmedic wrote:
SuperJon wrote:Are you kidding me? Over disc golf? What is wrong with disc golf? You're outside, a lot of the times in the woods, competing with other dudes. How is that not man card worthy?
Maybe if you were using a Glock and shooting steel plate, then I could see it.

this is a step removed from naked male jello wrestling
Umm, its a few steps removed...just trust me on that one.

In all seriousness, I was in high school with Joses. I figured he would've graduated by now. He must be on the BJ plan
BJWilliams wrote:What would you recommend for someone getting more into it? I havent played in. a while and that might be nice to try with the weather getting nicer (Poor PA...thinking that that sort of thing somehow makes him more of a man...)
They usually carry the Innova starter set at Dick's Sporting Goods (there's a softball for you, Medic). Those are decent (and cheap); the putter in them is good, and the fairway driver they usually have is a staple of most players' bags. The mid is OK (usually a Shark), but they should also sell individual discs. Get a Mako or a Stingray to replace the Shark and you should be good to go.

This is a decent overview of how to set up a bag if you're starting to play seriously. ONLY listen to what the original poster says - there are some idiots with bad advice in that thread ;)
For the record, we had qualifying yesterday for our office tournament next week. Qualified at +3 on the 16 hole course. Had two bad luck bogeys and one bad hole. Qualified at 7 out of 11. Two strokes out of fifth. Would love to finish Top 5 next week. Top 7 would make me happy. Probably will finish 8th.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-h[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]