Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

William Byron finished 2nd last night in his first ever Late Model race at Hickory Motor Speedway!

Driving the LU, Liberty University car owned by JR Motorsports, a NASCAR team based in Mooresville, North Carolina, co-owned by NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Dale Earnhardt, Jr., his sister Kelley Earnhardt Miller and Rick Hendrick.

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
From what I can tell no...Im curious how Liberty came into contact with JR Motorsports to sponsor his late model (wouldnt be surprised if this leads to him becoming a student in some aspect...he is 16 according to the piece on the website)
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Seems like I remember a FB post from a Liberty department inviting us to follow him. I might be wrong, it could have been someone else. I saw it several months ago. Another good way to get the name out there.
Fox Sports wrote:Young NASCAR drivers balance potential racing careers with reality of education
As young drivers try to make a name for themselves in the highly competitive world of NASCAR, they are remaining focused on their education at the same time.

William Bryon earned his first NASCAR K&N Pro Series East championship last weekend at Dover International Speedway, but many of his fellow classmates were unaware of his accomplishment. (Image: Todd Warshaw)

By Jay Pennell
Oct 12, 2015 at 2:15p ET

When William Byron sat in his classroom at Charlotte Country Day last Monday he heard everyone buzzing about the big wins for the school's sports teams. Sitting in the back of the room, the high school senior couldn't help but think about his big weekend.

While his classmates were busy competing against other schools, Byron was racing around Dover International Speedway, putting the finishing touches on his championship season in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East. But when he got to class Monday morning, few of his fellow classmates knew what he had accomplished.
Click Here for Full Story
He's the real deal. He came by the alumni social this year at Homecoming. It was great watching him engage with our alumni in attendance. What I love the most is that his family has been connected to Liberty for years, well before driving.
Talked with him earlier this year at a K&N Pro Series East race. Very personable kid.
Last edited by LUminary on November 14th, 2015, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sly Fox wrote:He had his truck on campus this past week shooting some promotional videos.
Saw it--and it was LOUD!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]