Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By tennisfan
Registration Days Posts
Hi Everyone!
Play starts Friday! I will keep everyone posted with the results as I get the text messages... yeah for texting! I am actually getting pretty decent with my texting! Who would have ever thought...
Oh, same line-up as the first tournament! Go Flames!!!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I will be there, wearing my white Liberty Tennis shirt. GO FLAMES!!!
By tennisfan
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:I will be there, wearing my white Liberty Tennis shirt. GO FLAMES!!!
I told Cam you were coming!! She is looking forward to meeting you!!!
Safe travels! Go Lady Flames!!! :cheerleader
By tennisfan
Registration Days Posts
One more update...
Our son will begin play in the Southern Cup tomorrow morning (Friday) through Sunday, so..... this will have me at the courts watching my Favorite game but away from my laptop. I will probably know results but won't be able to post anything until late! :cry:
So much for my first weekend of texting and being able to keep everyone in the loop! Sorry about that! Maybe ATrain can keep everyone posted.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
tennisfan wrote:One more update...
Our son will begin play in the Southern Cup tomorrow morning (Friday) through Sunday, so..... this will have me at the courts watching my Favorite game but away from my laptop. I will probably know results but won't be able to post anything until late! :cry:
So much for my first weekend of texting and being able to keep everyone in the loop! Sorry about that! Maybe ATrain can keep everyone posted.
I know in the past Radford has done live stats from their website for tennis, even when they came to play us in Spring 2008. Here is a link to their live stats page:

http://www.ruhighlanders.com/sports/200 ... aspx?id=21
By tennisfan
Registration Days Posts
Hi ATrain!
Thanks for the link... this is GREAT! I checked it out and Radford used the live stats just last week! I would have never known about this link!!! Thank you, Thank you!!!
Well, cheer the ladies on for us! :D
By tennisfan
Registration Days Posts
Okay, here is what I know... Cam said that Appalachian State, James Madison, Radford, and Longwood are all in the tournament. All the ladies won their singles today. Yeah!!!
:cheerleader

Cam played James Madison for her singles and won 6-2, 6-3. Cam and Jordan lost a doubles and won a doubles. Everyone will play again tomorrow. The live score link has not been used for this tournament so I don't know the others scores... Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Go Flames!!!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
quite a turn around for tennis in the last couple years.

all concerned really are to be commended.
By tennisfan
Registration Days Posts
Hi All,
Well, I guess it had to happen at some point... Cam said she lost today 2-6, 1-6 to Appalachian State and then she lost in a tie breaker for her 2nd singles match (she did not tell me who she was playing). Cam said yesterday they won just about everything and today the team didn't do so well. I guess we will have to wait on the Liberty Flames site to get the "rest of the story". Cam did say that she set her shots up well but just missed the finishing shot... Good thing for the fall season for all the girls to get a taste of the competition. Sorry, I don't have anything better to report.
Oh, ATrain, Cam enjoyed meeting you! Thanks for going to cheer them on!
Good luck to our football team tonight!!! I'm, as always, cheering loudly... even though no one can hear me!!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Hey Tennisfan,

I enjoyed meeting Cam and the other new girls as well, she said to tell you hi on the boards lol. Anyway, Cam lost her second singles to a girl from Virginia Tech. The girls did a great job overall today, Jordan Jenkins, Jessie Doba and Anneesha Domenech all won their flights in singles. Can't wait to see them in action again next weekend at the VT tourney.

GO FLAMES!!!
By tennisfan
Registration Days Posts
Hi ATrain!
Oh Wow! You have so much more information, thanks a million!! I did not know about Jordan, Jessie and Annisaha! That is GREAT!!! I didn't even know that Cam played Virginia Tech, I didn't even know that they were at the tournament!!! Oh, I wish I could watch these matches! What fun!! Thanks so much for posting the results and lucky you, you get to see them in action again next weekend!
Sorry I didn't have more accurate info to share. Maybe I should just wait and let Liberty post the results. I don't want to give the wrong information. Thanks again ATrain!!!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
tennisfan wrote:Hi ATrain!
Oh Wow! You have so much more information, thanks a million!! I did not know about Jordan, Jessie and Annisaha! That is GREAT!!! I didn't even know that Cam played Virginia Tech, I didn't even know that they were at the tournament!!! Oh, I wish I could watch these matches! What fun!! Thanks so much for posting the results and lucky you, you get to see them in action again next weekend!
Sorry I didn't have more accurate info to share. Maybe I should just wait and let Liberty post the results. I don't want to give the wrong information. Thanks again ATrain!!!
The information you shared was great. I'm just happy we have someone else on the board to actively follow the teams :D
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]