Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
phoenix wrote:
jcmanson wrote:http://libertyflamespodcast.podomatic.c ... 7_52-07_00
OK, I know this is probably elitist or nit-picky or whatever, but .... the University is hosting their podcast on PODOMATIC???!!!!

Podomatic is a free site, sort of like the Blogger of podcasting -- and I say this having used Podomatic for the last few months of my podcast's life. A Podomatic address says a lot about the professionalism of a podcast -- and none of it good (whether true or not, there is a perception. My DAUGHTER had a Podomatic podcast when she was FOUR, for crying out loud!!). At the very least, spend the ten bucks to have a domain that points to the Podomatic site -- that's what I was working on before I faded (one of these days, I'm going to record again ...).
Give them a break.

I mean, it's not like we have our own data centers with multiple fast, redundant, clustered, web servers and big fat Internet connections to host something like that on.

Geez.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
My guess is that they asked the questions on how to do it and the people they asked were either a) too busy or b) thought the request was stupid and below them. I love my school and our tech people are great but there is an air over some of them that the people who don't understand their language are stupid and they shouldn't help them. Granted, they are also stretched ridiculously thin.

(Disclaimer: Not all of our tech people are like that. We have some very talented people that bend over backwards for you. Others, however, aren't like that.)
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:My guess is that they asked the questions on how to do it and the people they asked were either a) too busy or b) thought the request was stupid and below them. I love my school and our tech people are great but there is an air over some of them that the people who don't understand their language are stupid and they shouldn't help them.
Yes, they are stretched thin but if that ever happens please give me their name and position. I'd sure like to know about it. Not that I can do anything other than gripe to them personally, but I would. I don't like hearing that kind of stuff and I don't mind saying that publicly. I will always try to fix it.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
Anyone else having problems viewing photos from libertyflames.com? They just posted a story about media day and at the bottom of the story, I just keep getting a "loading" message as if it's trying to load pictures. Perhaps I need to download a new version of something. I have Adobe flash player 10 installed.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Flamesfanva wrote:Anyone else having problems viewing photos from libertyflames.com? They just posted a story about media day and at the bottom of the story, I just keep getting a "loading" message as if it's trying to load pictures. Perhaps I need to download a new version of something. I have Adobe flash player 10 installed.
its that "Blackbox" picture viewer thing they use.

sometimes it loads for me- sometimes not.

tonite: yes
earlier today: no
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
I use Firefox and had no problem seeing the pictures when I had to click on the link for pictures, but now I just get the black box that keeps saying loading. I loved seeing the pictures too. I'll keep trying to find out why it doesn't work now.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
Finally gave up trying to get it to work. I downloaded Safari and it did the same thing. It does however work in Internet Explorer. Is there a conspiracy between Microsoft and LU? :lol:
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I tried to use the search function at the top of the home page and received the following message on a white screen:

ERROR: Unable to fetch the stylesheet from source: flames_frontend<p>If you encounter this error in preview, please note that our sample pages are designed only for preview purposes. The links and buttons do not function as in real searches.</p><p>If you encounter this error in search, please make sure that the specified stylesheet is either the collection name or a valid URL</p><br></br><br></br><pre></pre>

Does any know how to report this to the site admin?
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]