Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Not that LU cares but I'm out. I will do nothing to support this school anymore. This is just one more misstep in a long string of missteps. I'll hang around flamefans because I like you guys but there is just no way I can support this school.

Some will call it an over reaction but I've been on the fence for a while. LU is supporting someone who covered up sexual assault and hiring them to lead our athletic department. That crosses the line. This is not Jerry jr supporting a morally corrupt man for president. This is jerry jr hiring a morally corrupt m as our AD.

I'm done. I hope he fails and I hope someone stands up to Jerry Jr and stop being little yes men.
My thoughts exactly. I used to be proud to say that I represented the school in NCAA competition. I am now honestly ashamed of my ties to Liberty.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I'm not ashamed of LU. Our school is bigger than JLFJR and his hiring decisions and associations. There are a lot of good people there, and the students are still great (overall).

Also, I have it on good authority that the students have been booing Jerry on a regular basis when he is announced. Apparently it happened again tonight at the Tree lighting.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:I'm not ashamed of LU. Our school is bigger than JLFJR and his hiring decisions and associations. There are a lot of good people there, and the students are still great (overall).

Also, I have it on good authority that the students have been booing Jerry on a regular basis when he is announced. Apparently it happened again tonight at the Tree lighting.
LU and the Falwell name will be eternally linked
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:I'm not ashamed of LU. Our school is bigger than JLFJR and his hiring decisions and associations. There are a lot of good people there, and the students are still great (overall).

I completely agree there are plenty of people ding some amazing things. Unfortunately the leadership sucks and until that changes I'm out and of course we know that won't happen.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Apparently the :flamingdevil is going to need more applications :fineprint

You were booted out weeks ago. Try to keep up
Your coup failed Raul
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Not that LU cares but I'm out. I will do nothing to support this school anymore. This is just one more misstep in a long string of missteps. I'll hang around flamefans because I like you guys but there is just no way I can support this school.

Some will call it an over reaction but I've been on the fence for a while. LU is supporting someone who covered up sexual assault and hiring them to lead our athletic department. That crosses the line. This is not Jerry jr supporting a morally corrupt man for president. This is jerry jr hiring a morally corrupt m as our AD.

I'm done. I hope he fails and I hope someone stands up to Jerry Jr and stop being little yes men.
Agree 100%. I came here to post basically this. Well done.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Apparently the :flamingdevil is going to need more applications :fineprint

You were booted out weeks ago. Try to keep up
Your coup failed Raul
What did I miss while I was out the past month?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
POSTIe wanted to take over my Pontentacy because of the Trump position and the prediction Gill would return. Now he is butt hurt (which he needs for his job) that I was right and he was wrong.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Fallen??? :dontgetit

He will defend the family name no matter what.
Fallen was a poor word choice. His objectivity, which he had for most of the time he was posting here, has completely disappeared. He's a corporate shill at this point. My opinion of him has fallen.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
thepostman wrote:Fallen??? :dontgetit

He will defend the family name no matter what.
Fallen was a poor word choice. His objectivity, which he had for most of the time he was posting here, has completely disappeared. He's a corporate shill at this point. My opinion of him has fallen.
Blood is thicker than blog
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TDRed410 wrote:It amazes me how everyone on this board makes knee jerk reactions with very little information on either side of the spectrum.
Just how much info is needed? The actions of our leadership are just not defensible in public anymore.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TDRed410 wrote:It amazes me how everyone on this board makes knee jerk reactions with very little information on either side of the spectrum.
That man is being investigated for covering up rape. Not an over reaction, man.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
That man is being investigated for covering up rape. Not an over reaction, man.
Yeah, they ran him out on a rail. And that's AFTER he helped raise a pant load of money.
There's a joke about being on your knees there but I will avoid it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Wait. You're sticking up for this guy now too?
Who me? Have you not read my earlier posts?
Family Travel Obsession

If you have a rental car in Paris this summer, bra[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]

5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up tha[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]