Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By R i
Registration Days Posts
OTL segment is coming up next. The cut away they just showed previewing the segment had Mccaw at the presser saying " we can train champions for Christ".
I'd really like to see his faith come through in the next few months. Make it apparent that he understand the gravity of what happened to him and, to his benefit, the grace extended to him. McCaw needs some prayer, that's for sure. This whole situation has to be rough on his family.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Bob Ley on OTL is covering the hire currently on ESPN.

I'm scared.
Don't be. Trust in Jesus (and Jerry) to smite all these Philistines!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I'd really like to see his faith come through in the next few months. Make it apparent that he understand the gravity of what happened to him and, to his benefit, the grace extended to him. McCaw needs some prayer, that's for sure. This whole situation has to be rough on his family.
This situation has to be a relief for his family
The Baylor situation has to be rough on his family
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I am going paraphrase a quote by Damien, that I think is what this entire uproar is about.

" McCaw did not want to discuss the situation at Baylor because of pending legal ramifications, however I get the feeling from McCaw that there will be a time when everyone knows exactly what happened at Baylor, and McCaw can freely answer for his roll "

If I did not get that exactly right Damien, I apologize. Great insight from you as always. I feel like McCaw not being able to talk about it, is the reason we are all confused and questioning some of it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:I am going paraphrase a quote by Damien, that I think is what this entire uproar is about.

" McCaw did not want to discuss the situation at Baylor because of pending legal ramifications, however I get the feeling from McCaw that there will be a time when everyone knows exactly what happened at Baylor, and McCaw can freely answer for his roll "

If I did not get that exactly right Damien, I apologize. Great insight from you as always. I feel like McCaw not being able to talk about it, is the reason we are all confused and questioning some of it.
Typical. There is information we have that can't make public right now. But once it does become public every one will see this was a hire rooted in divine providence and the world is all skittles and rainbows

Sorry if I'm a smidge skeptical having heard that once or 50 times
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
As a lite Twitterer I did find there funny

.@JerryFalwellJr @LibertyU Remember that one time when McCaw covered up a gang rape? Your wife ought to slap the misogyny out of you

@libertyflames McCaw was 2nd choice. Jerry Sandusky was 1st choice but they couldn't get him. Lol

@LibertyU @JerryFalwellJr Opted out of the background check, I see?

@brentustick @LibertyU @JerryFalwellJr in other news Casey Anthony was hired to the campus daycare!
Purple Haize wrote:As a lite Twitterer I did find there funny

.@JerryFalwellJr @LibertyU Remember that one time when McCaw covered up a gang rape? Your wife ought to slap the misogyny out of you

@libertyflames McCaw was 2nd choice. Jerry Sandusky was 1st choice but they couldn't get him. Lol

@LibertyU @JerryFalwellJr Opted out of the background check, I see?

@brentustick @LibertyU @JerryFalwellJr in other news Casey Anthony was hired to the campus daycare!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Jerry blocked me last night because I said his posts were tone deaf so I can't see his fine banter on twitter anymore...
He can't block me. I don't follow him!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
"I find it hard to believe that someone could know and intentionally hide something that they know could harm someone else." -Proto

Really, Proto? In what utopian pipe dream are you living?

I'm finding myself very much in a wait-and-see mode with this hire.

Proto, aren't you judging others for their judgments of this hire? Calling them hypocrites? And round and round we go.

JJ had to know there would at least be questions about the sexual assault handling when this hire was announced. He HAS to! He just can't be that ignorant. So if he new, the next step is to analyze his response. It doesn't appear that he cared, because it hasn't been addressed. It's not the choice to hire Mr. McCaw that's disappoints me; it's the blatant disregard for anyone else's concerns. How does the parent of a female prospective student not consider this? All he had to say at the presser was, "I took extreme care to vet this man, and I believe he has repaired his life and...blah, blah, blah." But he said nothing. That silence is deafening.

I would be fine with a response similar to what JJ gave Mr. Trump, about forgiveness and Christ changing a life. That would be GREAT! But these wounds from sexual assaults at Baylor are very fresh, with investigations still open and pending. And to not even address those concerns? It's startling.

This is the tragedy of unchecked and unaccountable leadership.
By Wvflame2013
JK37 wrote:"

It is scary who is checking Jerry? It seems if you go against him, you are gone. Demoss, maybe barber? JR seems to be turning into a dictator. On campus today there were some very concerned people about Jr & the University from a spiritual standpoint. And they weren't students.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:"I find it hard to believe that someone could know and intentionally hide something that they know could harm someone else." -Proto

Really, Proto? In what utopian pipe dream are you living?

I'm finding myself very much in a wait-and-see mode with this hire.

Proto, aren't you judging others for their judgments of this hire? Calling them hypocrites? And round and round we go.

JJ had to know there would at least be questions about the sexual assault handling when this hire was announced. He HAS to! He just can't be that ignorant. So if he new, the next step is to analyze his response. It doesn't appear that he cared, because it hasn't been addressed. It's not the choice to hire Mr. McCaw that's disappoints me; it's the blatant disregard for anyone else's concerns. How does the parent of a female prospective student not consider this? All he had to say at the presser was, "I took extreme care to vet this man, and I believe he has repaired his life and...blah, blah, blah." But he said nothing. That silence is deafening.

I would be fine with a response similar to what JJ gave Mr. Trump, about forgiveness and Christ changing a life. That would be GREAT! But these wounds from sexual assaults at Baylor are very fresh, with investigations still open and pending. And to not even address those concerns? It's startling.

It a great recruiting tool for anyone going after a female athlete LU is interested in, that's for sure. But based on his tenure at Baylor, he doesn't care
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wvflame2013 wrote:
JK37 wrote:"

It is scary who is checking Jerry? It seems if you go against him, you are gone. Demoss, maybe barber? JR seems to be turning into a dictator. On campus today there were some very concerned people about Jr & the University from a spiritual standpoint. And they weren't students.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Well, today was a first for me. Liberty was discussed at length on a local sports radio show that airs on the local ESPN Radio affiliate. It wasn't too positive.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Well, today was a first for me. Liberty was discussed at length on a local sports radio show that airs on the local ESPN Radio affiliate. It wasn't too positive.
I wonder how many people have read the report to Baylor. :dontgetit
By Damien Sordelett
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:I am going paraphrase a quote by Damien, that I think is what this entire uproar is about.

You nailed the paraphrase. McCaw deflected the question of Baylor yesterday by saying how much he enjoyed his time there and the friendships he made. In the university's lengthy statement to the media yesterday afternoon and the release of Falwell's answers to common questions, that topic was specifically mentioned: McCaw and his lawyers will find the appropriate time in the future to address those issues that led to his resignation at Baylor.

Here is the link to Falwell's answers to questions surrounding the hire: http://www.liberty.edu/news/index.cfm?P ... MID=215740
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Damien Sordelett wrote:

You nailed the paraphrase. McCaw deflected the question of Baylor yesterday by saying how much he enjoyed his time there and the friendships he made. In the university's lengthy statement to the media yesterday afternoon and the release of Falwell's answers to common questions, that topic was specifically mentioned: McCaw and his lawyers will find the appropriate time in the future to address those issues that led to his resignation at Baylor.

Here is the link to Falwell's answers to questions surrounding the hire: http://www.liberty.edu/news/index.cfm?P ... MID=215740
Was that the first time you have worn a neck tie since college? THATS what we really want to know!!!
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:You guys jumped on Jerry, Jr. for his support of Trump, like he was supporting Hitler - then come to find out that Jerry, Jr. was supporting the very person that a majority of the Nation voted for
Trump lost the popular vote
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]