Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Thelaxman
SELC Divsion B

Wed 08-Mar Central Florida at Eckerd College Eckerd College (turf field) 7:00pm
Thu 09-Mar Davidson at Southern Virginia Camden Field 4:50pm
Fri 10-Mar The Citadel at Savannah College of Art Design SCAD Field 7:00pm
Sat 11-Mar Grove City College at Liberty University Williams Stadium 1:00pm
Sat 11-Mar Tennessee at Alabama Alabama Intramural Fields 2:00pm
Sat 11-Mar Elon University at Davidson College Davidson College 3:00pm
Sat 11-Mar Furman University vs The Citadel SCAD Field 3:00pm
Sun 12-Mar Furman University at Savannah College of Art and Design SCAD Field 12 Noon
Mon 13-Mar Univ. of New York at Eckerd College Eckerd College (turf field) 7:00pm
Thu 16-Mar Wake Forest at Davidson College Davidson College 7:30PM

SELC Division A:

Wed 08 Mar Stonehill College at Georgia Georgia Rec Complex 7:00pm
Wed 08-Mar Virginia Tech at UC San Diego UCSD 7:00pm
Wed 08-Mar Central Michigan at South Florida South Florida Intramural Fields 7:50pm
Fri 10-Mar Stonehill College at Georgia Tech Georgia IT Complex 6:00pm
Fri 10-Mar Tennessee at Auburn Auburn 8:00pm
Fri 10-Mar Pittsburgh at Central Florida Spanish Rivers HS 8:00pm
Sat 11-Mar Miami University of Ohio vs Stonehill College Georgia IT Complex 12:00pm
Sat 11-Mar Virginia Tech at San Diego State San Diego State 12:00pm
Sat 11-Mar C.W. Post at Florida State TBA 2:00pm
Sat 11-Mar Florida at BYU BYU 6:00pm
Sat 11-Mar Indiana at Clemson Clemson Rec Sports Fields 7:00pm
Sun 12-Mar Miami University of Ohio at Georgia Tech Georgia IT Complex 11:00am
Sun 12-Mar Indiana at Auburn Auburn 3:00pm
Mon 13-Mar Florida at Utah U Utah 3:30pm
Mon 13-Mar Indiana at Vanderbilt Sports Club Field 5:00pm
Tue 14-Mar Bryant College at Florida State Florida State University 4:00pm
Wed 15-Mar Florida at Colorado University of Colorado CU Field 4PM
By Lax Dude
Registration Days
Is Grove City College a USL MDIA Team or a NCLL Team? If they are a MDIA Team then what is their record and what Conference do they play in?
By LaxFan 69ner
Does anyone know when the game with App. State will be rescheduled?

Laxfan 69ner
By Wildman
Registration Days Posts
Grove City College is in the USL MDIA and is a member of the Central Collegiate Lacrosse Association or the CCLA. Their website is www.cclax.org . This looks like it will be an out of Conference game for the Flames Lacrosse team. Other sites to look at are www.uslia.com and www.uslmdia.org .
By - Coach Metallo -
The App. State game has not been rescheduled yet. Possible dates are March 24, April 2 in Blacksburg, Friday April 7, and Friday April 14. I really don't want to travel to App. State on a Friday, play a game, and then get home early the same day we have to play either Davidson or Eckerd. I'm hoping somehting more equitable can be worked out.

Tom Metallo, Head Coach
Liberty Lacrosse
By Wildman
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Coach,

Good Luck this weekend.

Wildman
By laxplayer
Registration Days Posts
I really want to see the Davidson Elon game. I bet that will be a great game. One question I do have. Why in the world would Alabama play Tennesee? That's going to be like a 25-30 goal blowout! A lot of fun that will be. :?

I'm looking forward to playing Grove City, should be a fun game. We really need a win, and this would be nice to get. Anyways, come out and support us. Should be a nice day for lacrosse. Temperature should be close to 70 degrees! Better than 30's and 4 inches of snow. :) I would have posted pictures of last game, but I didn't really get any, except of a few warmups. I will be sure to get some this week.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
sounds good "PLAYA" we'll be looking forward to the game shots
By Old Fart (Dean)
The Davidson vs Elon Game will be a good one. I have a feeling that Elon will be out for some Teams. They have always dominated in the Carolinas and Virginia and the last two years they have missed the post season by one or two bad games. Also I saw Elon beat Division A Foe East Carolina.

In other games it will be interesting to see what Furman has in the arsenal. They had a pretty good fall playing in South Carolina. Furman could come out bad or have some promise. You never know about them. They beat a week Alabama Team 12-2 but lost to Davidson 11-2 a couple of weeks ago. Davidson plays Wake Forest this week and it will be interesting to see how they do against a Division A Team. Eckerd plays NYU and Division A foe Central Florida and they seem like the up and coming Team in the SELC Div B.

If Liberty can beat Grove City which has not even played this Spring yet and come back and play App. State out of their home advantage in the Mountains, like maybe Virginia Tech as Coach refered too. Liberty may just be ready to win the SELC. From the score of the Scad game we are a major player for this Championship and being 0-2 at this point really does not matter. We have Eckerd, UNC Charlotte and Davidson at home so we need to get some fans out there and support you Guys. I'm going to try and get over to the Elon game and I know several Alumni live in the Greensboro area. If Wildman makes the Trip from West Virginia I just may come up from Carolina. Yes, the Scad game is a disappointment but you Guys have shown you can play in this Conference. Just show off your talents this Saturday and leave it on the field. You Guys have just as good a chance as anybody to win this thing. We just need to get going this Saturday. Go LU Flames Lax!

Good Luck,

Dean LU Lax Alumni

PS. Westy, I heard about your Son we are all praying for Jeremiah and your Family.
By Thelaxman
Right now it looks like Davidson and Elon are on top of the SELC. I think Elon is about to step out and to start to show their stuff. I like Elon over Davidson by 2. On Alabama playing Tennessee, what people don't know is Bama is trying to do some new things to improve their program and sometimes you have to play really good Teams to improve not just play week Teams. Also Bama has a SEC relationship with Tennessee that goes way back. It may take a couple years but I know for a fact that Bama wants to be playing in the Divsiion A with their rivals from the SEC like Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida. When you are rebuilding it just takes time to get competitive and you have to take it one step at a time.

I agree with Dean that if LU can resechedule with App. State out of the Mountains it will be an advantage to Liberty's team. Playing them at Virginia Tech sounds like a great idea. LU Lax has shown by almost beating Scad that they are a contender in this Conference and if they can turn it around starting with a out of conference win against Grove City that can only lead to big upsets against Davidson and App. State, Eckerd College, Elon and ensure another trip to Atlanta for the SELC Championship and a shot for the National Championship in Dallas. Best of luck to the LU Lacrosse team this Saturday.

All the best,

Thelaxman
By Thelaxman
Division A:

UCSD 17 Virginia Tech 7
Georgia 15 Stonehill College 3
Eckerd College Div. B 13 Central Florida 5
Georgia Tech 10 Stone Hill College 2
Auburn 13 Tennessee 7
Pitt 16 Central Florida 6
Virginia Tech 9 San Diego State 3
Indiana 14 Clemson 6
Tennessee 17 Alabama Div.B 5
Georgia Tech 12 Miami of Ohio 6
CW Post 20 Florida State 8
Indiana 11 Auburn 9
Vanderbilt 9 Indiana 8

Other scores from around the country;

Chapman 16 Arizona 8
Missouri 12 Gonzaga 7
Cal 10 UC Davis 9
Lindenwood 13 Illinois 11
UCLA 11 USC 8
Texas Arlington 16 Oklahoma 8 Div. B
Utah Valley State 18 Montana State 15 Div. B
Colorado State 11 Sonoma State 10
Michigan State 14 Loyola Marymont 9
Utah 12 Utah Valley State Div. B 5
Oregon State 19 Nevada 9
Oregon 15 Missouri 9
Western State 14 CSU Pueblo 4 Div. B

All the rest of the action around the country can be pulled up at www.uslmdia.org .

Division B:

Scad 16 The Citadel 7
Elon 7 Davidson 6
Grove City College 15 Liberty 13
Scad 10 Furman 6
Eckerd 14 UNY 5
Last edited by Thelaxman on March 14th, 2006, 11:43 am, edited 14 times in total.
By - Coach Metallo -
Gentlemen,

The Grove City game has been moved back to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday since their game with Coastal Carolina was canceled. The game was originally scheduled for 1:00 but was moved to 11:00 to accomodate the second game. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Tom Metallo
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thanks for the update Coach- those of you down there that can go and support these guys- please note the updated time.

Anyone know if the ladies team is still active?
By Guest
The Lady Flames' next game is March 25 against UNCC. Below is their schedule for the rest of the season.

Liberty @ Duke vs. Duke/UNCW/UNCCH March 4-5
UNCCH @Liberty March 25
Liberty @ Elon March 31 (w/ boys)
Wake Forest @Liberty April 8
ECU @Liberty April 22

I only know the time of the Elon game: 5:30 p.m. I also assume that since they are playing on the same day we play Davidson that their game will be at noon. There is a conflict with the football team that day that could affect our game as well but I haven't heard whether it's been resolved or not.

Tom Metallo
By Thelaxman
NCAA Div. 1 Lacrosse

Maryland 9 Towson 6
Duke 9 Loyola 7
Hofstra 11 Johns Hopkins 6 Big Upset!
Navy 9 Bucknell 5
Norte Dame 9 North Carolina 7
Penn State 14 Ohio State 13 in OT
Yale 11 Providence 5
Cornell 13 Army 1
Delaware 18 Albany 11
Penn 12 UMBC 11 in OT

Other scores in the NCAA
CW Post 20 (NCAA Div. 3) Florida State 8 (USL MDIA Div. A)

For other scores and info all around the NCAA in Div, 1,2 ,3 go to www.laxpower.com

All the best,

Thelaxman
5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up t[…]

Family Travel Obsession

If you have a rental car in Paris this summer, bra[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]