Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Going to be in Myrtle Beach in March when the Golf team will be playing in the Hacker Tournament. Thought I would walk some of the course on the 14th during the tournament. Tried to find team lineup for this year but no one, including Coastal or GofStats, had the lineup. For what's worth here are the teams I've come up with so far.

Oklahoma State
Auburn
SC Gamecocks
UFC
ECU
Penn State
UVA
NC State
UNC Greensboro
ETS
and of course Coastal and LU

Don't know who I'm missing but it will be fun to see how they hang with OKS. Could set them up for another good tournament run.
Sly Fox, Baybird liked this
By LUDad
Walked the course today. Was going to yesteday but was way too cold and windy for me. Don't see how the guys shot better yesterday than today, given the weather. But I guess that's golf. Got shot of Barbin about to hit wood stiff on # 8 for one of his two eagles.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: March 14th, 2022, 10:26 pm Walked the course today. Was going to yesteday but was way too cold and windy for me. Don't see how the guys shot better yesterday than today, given the weather. But I guess that's golf. Got shot of Barbin about to hit wood stiff on # 8 for one of his two eagles.
:dontgetit I don’t get this reference
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Talk to Haize there’s pills for that now
JK37, Purple Haize liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Everyone's a comedian.

We finished middle of the pack against a field of heavyweights. Still trying to figure out how ETSU continus to field such strong teams. These international players they recruit must not be aware of the Tri-Cities before they arrive on campus.
By LUDad
JK37 wrote: March 15th, 2022, 2:09 am
LUDad wrote: March 14th, 2022, 10:26 pm Walked the course today. Was going to yesteday but was way too cold and windy for me. Don't see how the guys shot better yesterday than today, given the weather. But I guess that's golf. Got shot of Barbin about to hit wood stiff on # 8 for one of his two eagles.
:dontgetit I don’t get this reference
Sorry, it's my slang for hitting a shot close to hole (like"stick"). I could have said "took a picture of Barbin about to hit his 3-wood shot extremely close to hole" but I shortened it and eliminated the type wood because I was not sure it was a 3-wood since some players carry 5-wood.
By jmclaughlin
Just peeked at the ASUN tourney. LU is now 5 strokes behind N.FL but are making a great run today at -5 as a team. Austin Duncan just strung together 4 strait birdies and is now tied for 1st for the individual title at -5.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: April 26th, 2022, 11:37 am Just peeked at the ASUN tourney. LU is now 5 strokes behind N.FL but are making a great run today at -5 as a team. Austin Duncan just strung together 4 strait birdies and is now tied for 1st for the individual title at -5.
Think we'll get an at-large if we finish second?
By jmclaughlin
ATrain wrote: April 27th, 2022, 1:10 pm
jmclaughlin wrote: April 26th, 2022, 11:37 am Just peeked at the ASUN tourney. LU is now 5 strokes behind N.FL but are making a great run today at -5 as a team. Austin Duncan just strung together 4 strait birdies and is now tied for 1st for the individual title at -5.
Think we'll get an at-large if we finish second?
Yes. We still get in to a regional. 6 regionals of 12 teams (I believe) so there are plenty of spots to be had. We have also made it to the NCAA's 10 of the last 11 years. We have earned the at large credit needed to play on.
By jmclaughlin
We landed in the California regional as a #7 seed. Will need to finish in the top 5 of the region to move on to the NCAA's later this month.

The Reserve at Spanos Park, Stockton, California

Teams (seeded in the following order):
1. Arizona State
2. Washington [Pac-12 Conference]
3. Stanford
4. LSU
5. Oregon
6. Nevada
7. Liberty
8. Brigham Young
9. UAB
10. Houston
11. UC Davis
12. Denver [The Summit League]
13. Abilene Christian [Western Athletic Conference]
14. Weber State [Big Sky Conference]
Baybird liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We have certainly performed well in regionals over the years. It would be awesome to head to Florida!
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
https://results.golfstat.com//public/le ... &tid=25465

Regional tournament day 2 of 3 is complete. 14 teams are competing and the top 5 teams advance to the NCAA championships in Scottsdale, AZ. Liberty is currently in 7th place with a score of -11 (-10 today).

Each day, 5 players compete and post their individual score. The four best scores are counted and the score of the player with the most strokes is not counted.

I was not able to follow the round today as I was playing a round of golf with family. Even if my score was eligible, it would not have been a counter today.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
LU is finishing up the front nine and is currently 1 shot back of the fifth place team at -16. Scores are low and there is a group of teams bunched up at the 5th place cut line. We're in a good spot to make a run.
Baybird liked this
By jmclaughlin
DRAMA
We snuck into the #5 spot with 3 holes to go
1 stroke ahead of LSU
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]