Here is the place for the lowdown on tennis, golf and other sport on campus. And if you consider band, debate or quiz bowl a sport, you have found your home. It is also the place to discuss schoolwide athletics.
By thepostman
#553458 But without JB and the athletics dept as a whole getting behind it and really pushing it I would argue it wioodnt of grown as quickly as it did. I think that taking that away from JB and his staff and taking away one of their largest accomplishments. Creating an event atmosphere around football. Of course there are students and alum who helped lay the foundation but JB and his staff recognized it an help grow it.

Just my 2 cents. I've been wrong a lot lately so I could be wrong here too.
By R i
#553501 Image

Here is a pic from a tailgate that JB stopped by, the 2nd game of the 2006 season.
By Class of 20Something
willflop wrote:https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article214919825.html

Former Baylor DC Bennett is interviewed about the entire scandal, pretty candid.

Long Read.

Holy Crap. That absolutely backs up what Ian said about the university trying to scapegoat the black football players. It also backed up what Ian and Art said over a year ago. There was an insufficient system in place, but there was a minimal protocol that Art and Ian followed.

- Ian advised Art that due process should be exercised.
What else would you want them to say? Indiscriminately suspend anyone with a whiff of an accusation?

- PH was investigating with their mind made up.
The line of questioning was not investigative in nature at all. They were looking for sound bites to support their narriative.

The more that comes out, the worse Baylor looks here.
By Cider Jim
#554128 Or how RIGHT ballcoach was. :nod

ballcoach15 wrote:Excellent choice.
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:No. Please don't. It'll show everybody how wrong I was. Haha

I still think we hired him too soon given where the investigation was at, but I’m glad everything the defenders of the decision are being proven right about the type of person he is.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference " too early hire", Sometimes in order to hit a home run, you have to swing at 3-0 pitch.

I love this.
By willflop
#554234 One thing that was never brought up was the "would be great if they kept it quiet" text. Otherwise, a lot of context to an otherwise ambiguous situation.
By Purple Haize
willflop wrote:One thing that was never brought up was the "would be great if they kept it quiet" text. Otherwise, a lot of context to an otherwise ambiguous situation.

That would make him look bad
By R i
#554241 They did mention texts that were uncovered. I was assuming they were referencing the "would be great if they kept it quiet" text. Ian said it was quoted correctly , but taken out of context of how and why he said it.
By willflop
Purple Haize wrote:
willflop wrote:One thing that was never brought up was the "would be great if they kept it quiet" text. Otherwise, a lot of context to an otherwise ambiguous situation.

He was being interviewed by the attorney representing the plantiffs, not sure they'd care.
By Purple Haize
willflop wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

He was being interviewed by the attorney representing the plantiffs, not sure they'd care.

Meh. In the words of HRC. At this point, what difference does it make?
By bigsmooth
Jonathan Carone wrote:Oh Jeff gets tons of credit for the game day experience. He completely changed the way things were perceived. He planted the seeds but it took Smoothie and Steve Lloyd to make it happen.

It was a group effort Jon. You were an integral part of that. we can both lay claim to starting tailgating along with Mr. Lloyd. Those were some good times back then.
By Jonathan Carone
bigsmooth wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Oh Jeff gets tons of credit for the game day experience. He completely changed the way things were perceived. He planted the seeds but it took Smoothie and Steve Lloyd to make it happen.

It was a group effort Jon. You were an integral part of that. we can both lay claim to starting tailgating along with Mr. Lloyd. Those were some good times back then.

By BJWilliams
#554765 Look who is making an appearance...it's mr Newlywed Twinkletoes himself
By BJWilliams
#554771 I don't mind being called BJ...in fact, I prefer it (something my family seems to have forgotten)...it's just that it's two letters, not six.
By PAmedic
#554783 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
old hag day
By Cider Jim
#554786 BigSmooth, don't make yourself such a stranger. Welcome back!
:welcome
By PAmedic
#554795 Only because I saw my man posting
By bigsmooth
Cider Jim wrote:BigSmooth, don't make yourself such a stranger. Welcome back!
:welcome

Slow work day. Thought I would stop in and say hello.
By Sly Fox
#554811 The tariffs eating your lunch?

Great to have you back posting on here. This place needs more Medic & Smoothie.
By PAmedic
bigsmooth wrote:The Medic lives! It is indeed Old Hag day.... and I still have your jacket.

That jackets traveled more than I have
By Purple Haize
PAmedic wrote:
bigsmooth wrote:The Medic lives! It is indeed Old Hag day.... and I still have your jacket.

That jackets traveled more than I have

Sometimes it’s the only thing he wears to bed.....
By bigsmooth
Sly Fox wrote:The tariffs eating your lunch?

the tariffs have been a battle, but luckily on some commodities we are protected until 2019. I have had fun reading over the years since I have not been posting. its easier to roll my eyes in private. :roll:
By flamesfilmguy
bigsmooth wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:The tariffs eating your lunch?

the tariffs have been a battle, but luckily on some commodities we are protected until 2019. I have had fun reading over the years since I have not been posting. its easier to roll my eyes in private. :roll:

I wish I could read the fan boards of my current employer and not completely go insane. eye rolling doesn't do it justice anymore.
By LUDad

It takes a man to admit they were wrong. Too many of us simply try to justify their stance.
By thepostman
LUDad wrote:

It takes a man to admit they were wrong. Too many of us simply try to justify their stance.

I'm wrong a lot so I have tons of practice. Haha
By Purple Haize
LUDad wrote: