Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I have a feeling the athletic department would still say scheduling is very difficult but kudos to them for getting this done so quickly. They are doing a fantastic job with it.
Agreed. Having the budget certainly helps.
I'm still of the opinion that this experiment will be successful if it ends in a good Conference invite. (The SBC does not qualify). SLY mocked Eastern Michigan pitching their appearance in the Bahama Bowl but that's still a strong inticement Further, playing for something (Conference Championship) is better than playing for nothing
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
thepostman wrote:I have a feeling the athletic department would still say scheduling is very difficult but kudos to them for getting this done so quickly. They are doing a fantastic job with it.
I'm certain it wasn't "Easy" but to put together 48 games in 6 months is an incredible feat. It certainly makes it seem that building the schedule wasn't nearly as impossible as previously thought. Now that we are 4 years out, we should be comfortable scheduling whom we want.
They have accomplished something most thought was impossible. They deserve a ton of credit. I clearly was wrong.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
I'm still of the opinion that this experiment will be successful if it ends in a good Conference invite. (The SBC does not qualify). SLY mocked Eastern Michigan pitching their appearance in the Bahama Bowl but that's still a strong inticement Further, playing for something (Conference Championship) is better than playing for nothing
I completely agree. Since we have proven that we can schedule decent schedules there is not a need to settle for the sun belt but a conference affiliation is a must for long-term stability. Football is the driving force but other sports like men's basketball will need to step it up on a consistent basis to be considered.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I completely agree. Since we have proven that we can schedule decent schedules there is not a need to settle for the sun belt but a conference affiliation is a must for long-term stability. Football is the driving force *but other sports like men's basketball will need to step it up on a consistent basis to be considered.*
Exactly, totally agree.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I recall posting several months ago about scheduling and the AD's connections to schedule some "big boys". I was almost "run out of town and banned from campus" as a result of my post.
By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote:I recall posting several months ago about scheduling and the AD's connections to schedule some "big boys". I was almost "run out of town and banned from campus" as a result of my post.
It happens, but you just have to move on. I just can't wait to see the finish product of the 2019-2021 seasons. Also waiting for the stadium expansion sketches which is highly talked about.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I recall posting several months ago about scheduling and the AD's connections to schedule some "big boys". I was almost "run out of town and banned from campus" as a result of my post.
It happens, but you just have to move on. I just can't wait to see the finish product of the 2019-2021 seasons. Also waiting for the stadium expansion sketches which is highly talked about.
At this point, I have to think they sought another group to get some drawings from.
By cruzan_flame13
Code: Select all
20Something, was it you who stated awhile back that the stadium should have a more modern look than the rest of the campus to attract visitors and prospects? Your statement could be a good reason of such a silence of the subject. I also wonder if they already had other designers in mind for awhile since this was a plan that was already in mind (for when LU goes through FBS transition).
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Plans were drawn up at one time, for expansion into a "horseshoe" shaped stadium. (this was told to me by a very good source inside Athletic Department.) At this point in time, I would say those plans have been scrapped, for something "bigger".
I am hoping expansion includes closing in the south end of stadium, thus making stadium look more confined.
By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote:Plans were drawn up at one time, for expansion into a "horseshoe" shaped stadium. (this was told to me by a very good source inside Athletic Department.) At this point in time, I would say those plans have been scrapped, for something "bigger".
I am hoping expansion includes closing in the south end of stadium, thus making stadium look more confined.
I see that being established after the expansion of the student section(tower). One thing I will add as an opinion is the destruction of the FOC after the South side is closed in and completed. At least there's an idea to build a bigger FOC facility in the 2020's. That means they'll be facilities in the north/south and towers in the east/west. Thinking about it is getting me a bit pumped up! 8)
ballcoach15 wrote:Plans were drawn up at one time, for expansion into a "horseshoe" shaped stadium. (this was told to me by a very good source inside Athletic Department.) At this point in time, I would say those plans have been scrapped, for something "bigger".
Well the next phase will be a tower on the east side. Then when they do decide to do the south endzone, I hope it's right on top of the new visitors locker room. I want some rabid fans in that front row to taunt opposing teams.

My ultimate hope is that we become the friendliest fanbase with the most hostile environment. And I don't mean snowballs at Santa hostile. Just loud, organic home field advantage.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Who are these 'Big Boys' you are referring to? :dontgetit
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:
Well the next phase will be a tower on the east side. Then when they do decide to do the south endzone, I hope it's right on top of the new visitors locker room. I want some rabid fans in that front row to taunt opposing teams.

My ultimate hope is that we become the friendliest fanbase with the most hostile environment. And I don't mean snowballs at Santa hostile. Just loud, organic home field advantage.
That's what I'm thinking! A loud crowd that doesn't need alcohol to have a exciting experience lol. I also want visiting team to get nervous in our stadium and when we play on their turf, they'll remember our turf when the Flames approach their field.
cruzan_flame13 wrote: That's what I'm thinking! A loud crowd that doesn't need alcohol to have a exciting experience lol. I also want visiting team to get nervous in our stadium and when we play on their turf, they'll remember our turf when the Flames approach their field.
Sagarin allocates 2.13 for home field advantage. The Bill should be better than that. It always was at the FCS level because we were the biggest stop on everyone's schedule. At the FBS level, we have to hope to catch teams off guard. Syracuse would expect a crazy crowd at VT, but surprising them and ultimately defeating a P5 school at the Bill would be a defining moment in school history.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:He is certainly earning every dollar we are paying him and then some.
Would expect nothing less
By willflop
Briles and McCaw removed as defendents.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_edu ... user-share
Jasmin Hernandez, a plaintiff in a Title IX lawsuit filed last year against Baylor University, requested in a filing Tuesday to remove former head football coach Art Briles and former Athletics Director Ian McCaw as defendants. The case was also settled with the university, according to Hernandez’s lawyer.
Mark Lanier, Briles’ attorney, said schools have contacted his client about coaching again, and he expects Briles to be coaching in 2018. Briles was fired in May 2016 amid the school’s sexual assault scandal.
By Class of 20Something
If IM brings him in, he had better be on the shortest of leashes. If something even smells like sexual assault, it needs to be student dismissal. Briles needs to go all Ray Rice on awareness and advocacy. Make the team work at shelters in the summer. Something.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Purple Haize wrote::popcorn :popcorn :flamingdevil
If this happens I will never doubt you again. Personally I hope it doesn't. Don't want to sell out that badly for wins.
I'm a little offended you doubt me now :dramaqueen
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]