Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By R i
Registration Days Posts
Saturday April 29th at 12:30 the xfinity series will be in Richmond.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I see LU and Rick Hendrick Automotive Group have signed some deal for LU School of Business. Down the road this could lead to more LU/ NASCAR involvement.

Who knows, maybe someday we will have a race track off Candler's Mtn Road.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Top 10 in Xfinity debut. Excellent!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He has had a ton of stories done on him in advance of his Daytona debut. The motorsports media seem to view him as a legitimate rising star of the sport. He also decided to go home this semester and take his classes through LU Online. He claims he couldn't get much sleep in the dorm. Seems like my experience back in the day.

Damien's Story in News-Advance

Charlotte Observer

Motorsport.com - "The sky's the limit" for William Byron
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He missed badly on his setup and dropped back early, but managed to not get caught up in any of the major wrecks so a 9th is a good place to be...on to Atlanta...no wait...isn't Fontana next?
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Atlanta next Saturday.

BTW, what a crash-fest at Daytona again today.
By Class of 20Something
LUminary wrote:Atlanta next Saturday.

BTW, what a crash-fest at Daytona again today.
Welcome to points on the list e every 60 laps. Between the wrecks and fatigue of having no "downtime" behind the wheel, I expect this to keep up.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Another top 10, at Atlanta yesterday. Second in Xfinity points after two races. :star
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
On my way back from Auburn Saturday night, I saw the LU Racing Team Hauler at a Rest Area in South Carolina. I wanted to take photo of it, but it was too dark.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Byron rolling at Vegas. Up to fourth midway and getting some good tv props.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Number 2 in the standings behind Elliot Sadler. Sorry for the formatting, I was too lazy to fix.

1SADLER, Elliott144LEADER022
2BYRON, William133-11000
3REED, Ryan121-23105
4ALLGAIER, Justin115-29105
5WALLACE, JR. Darrell109-35000
6HEMRIC, Daniel104-40000
7POOLE, Brennan98-46000
8TIFFT, Matt91-53000
9ANNETT, Michael89-55000
10ARMSTRONG, Dakoda84-60000
By Old Red
So, word just broke that Dale Earnhardt Jr is retiring at the end of this season.
Y'all think Hendricks will roll the dice and move Byron up for next season, or run him in Xfinity again????
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That is a good observation. I suppose it all depends on how he performs the rest of this Xfinity season. But opportunity would certainly appear to be on the horizon.
By Old Red
There is a good chance Kasey Kahne will be out of the 5 car at the end of this season too.
With 2 seats open, I think Hendrick will go for it. 7/10 chance anyway
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Kahane should be out of #5 car. A wasted seat in my opinion. With Hendricks' connection to LU, I think there's a good chance for Byron to get a Cup ride. Be good PR for LU to sponsor a Cup car, even as an associate sponsor.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]