Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
If anyone cares, I'm working on a breakdown of the guys' individual records. Will post it at the end of November as a gauge of where the program is.

Suffice to say, at this point- we have trouble at the 1st 4 weight classes, w/ all exp losing records at this point.

We're at .500 or very close to it for the next several classes, in REAL trouble at 184, but have a STUD at HWT who's won 6 out of his first 7 matches and has the potential to be very very good.

Lets remember, all these guys are VERY young-

Man I'm stoked for the future!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Christian Smith at 125 isn't eligible yet. When he is, he's going to be our best wrestler probably.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Those little guys have it the worst.

They have to find weight to cut on their bodies with very little bodyfat to begin with. By the time it comes match time, they've had to work twice as hard as some of the heavier weights to just make weight, let alone compete in dual matches. Hats off to these guys. This tough season will only make them better as their careers progress.

Of course, I'm just fat and cut 10 lbs. a week during practice when I wrestled.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
the same could be said for a guy that weighs 174 and is wrestling-up at 184, or a guy at 184 wrestling HWT.

The only real issue is that this is an incredibly YOUNG team- they're performing pretty phenominally considering where the program is right now, esp considering they're facing experienced squads.

what a great job by Coach Castro. Very proud!
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Absolutely.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't bashing these guys. They've put up a heck of a season and will continue to improve. Coach Castro is going to have a great program on his hands real soon.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
I don't know anything about wrestling - just followed PA over here, hoping to find some people that wanted to support a program. Go LU MatMen.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
:lol:

you'll get addicted REAL fast- wrestling inspires the same type of fan insanity that you get w/ ice hockey.

something about the mano-A-mano (sp?) competition, I think.

even better if you get to see a meet in person. you won't be disappointed.

EDIT : trying to please grammer Nazi SLY.
Last edited by PAmedic on November 16th, 2006, 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:man-e-mano
:lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I hate you, TEXAN

one grammer error in 4200 posts and you're on my butt about it 8)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
4239 to be exact.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Interview with Coach Castro during halftime. Nice interview.

Interview the coach, then show one of the wrestler's girlfriends. Classic. I bet that wasn't on purpose.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Medic, its grammar not grammer...eesh :P
Prayers please

Apparently there's someone that's looking at it to[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Hillary 3.0? Newsome? Harris? Whitmer? Not sure[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazetten[…]

2025 Recruiting Discussion

It's good to see us bringing in some quality recru[…]