Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It appears Coach Tolsma is entertaining a kid from PAmedic's neck of the woods today:
Fine 50th win for Hatboro-Horsham boys

By STUART LONDON
The Intelligencer

HOLLAND — Five minutes before its meet at Council Rock South was scheduled to start, Hatboro-Horsham boys cross country coach Bob Ayton went up to senior Dan Hibbs and told him he was going to scratch him from the race as Hibbs had been suffering pain in his left knee since Sunday.

Hibbs talked Ayton into letting him run the race and see how he felt after a mile.

It turned out Hibbs felt pretty good after a mile.

As a matter of fact, he felt so good that only one other runner in the field finished the 3.1 mile course faster than he did.

Hibbs' second-place finish proved key as Hatboro-Horsham edged Council Rock North, 26-29, as well as beating the host school, 24-34, in a Suburban One League Continental Conference double dual meet Wednesday afternoon.

The two victories upped the Hatters winning streak to 50 in SOL dual meets. The last time Hatboro-Horsham lost a meet in its league was to Upper Dublin on Oct. 10, 2001.

CR North had outpointed the Hatters during an invitational meet earlier in the season so there was much concern this would be end of the streak.

“I've never been more scared before a dual meet,” Hibbs said. “I actually thought we lost because when I turned around near the finish, all I saw were North guys.”

Tom Mooney of CR South won the individual race in a time of 16:47 with Hibbs trailing him by 19 seconds. There were indeed two CR North runners behind Hibbs but, after them, there were plenty of Hatters.

Hatboro-Horsham's Ben Cutilla came in sixth, Sam Storino seventh, Steve Topper ninth and Kevin Klaas was 11th. Three CR North runners finished right behind Klaas.

“Ben Cutilla came out of nowhere and ran a great race,” Hatters coach Bob Ayton said. “Steve Topper passed some guys at the end and Sam Storino put on a kick and passed three or four guys; Kevin Klaas also had a great kick.

“We usually never have kicks at the end but everyone came through. It was a true team win.”

Hibbs woke up Sunday and felt pain in his left knee. He has not had it diagnosed yet, and won't for a few more days because he has recruiting visit at Liberty University in Virginia today.

“Originally, I was going to scratch, but I did some striders before the race and I felt OK,” said Hibbs. “I told Mr. Ayton I would go a mile and see how it felt. I never really felt any pain, except for one spot on the course where you go up a hill. It kind of hurt then but it went away.

“If this had been a (non-competitive race) I probably wouldn't have run.”

Ayton gives Hibbs credit for his performance in trying conditions.

“That was just an awesome display,” said Ayton, who is in his 38th year as Hatters coach. “That's the biggest display of guts I've seen in a while.”

*The Hatboro-Horsham girls saw their 54-meet league winning streak come to an end. The Hatters defeated host CR South, 18-38, but lost to CR North, 19-44.

It was the first loss for the Hatters since the first meet of the season in 2001, when they lost to Central Bucks West.

The Indians took seven of the top eight positions with the Hatters' Kerry Swayne, who came in second, the only runner who broke a solid line of CR North uniforms at the finish line.

Hatters coach Jenn Coleman, whose career record is now 55-2, was philosophical afterwards.

“We gave it the best effort we could,” Coleman said. “We knew North was an extremely strong team. We just went out there and did our best.”

The Hatters were not at full strength. One of their top runners, Sarah Rae, was out with a hip injury.

Boys

(at CR South)

1.Tom Mooney (CRS), 16:47; 2. Dan Hibbs (H-H), 17:06

Records: H-H (5-0 SOL), CR North (4-1 SOL), CR South (N/A)
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Not to knock this kid (I don't know what the course he ran was like), but I can name 10 kids off the top of my head from Chesapeake, VA that run under 17:10. He sounds tough because he ran through the knee pain, but again, knee pain?! I have some of my own and from personal experience I know that kind of stuff doesn't just go away!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I love it when you get my news before I do :D

Council Rock is a huge school district. Quality sports programs.

Hatboro-Horsham is smaller- still good programs. Most of the suburban Philly PIAA is pretty tough though.

01Grad- don't know the course either, but I can tell you one thing- all the courses around here are HILLLLLLLLY!
By HHrunner
Registration Days
wow i dont even know how i found this place i just googled my name and there it was. actually that course is pretty slow, the kid who won is a 9:30 2miler. but just to let you know my PR is 15:40 and i just came in 17th at states on saturday with a 15:59 on a hilly course.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Isn't googling grand? :)

Thanks for dropping by and stick around if you want the inside scoop on all that is LU athletics.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
Congrats on the State Meet, HHRunner...that is a great high school time...are you still entertaining the LU as a viable option or are you looking at other options right now? Stick around and keep the board updated with your indoor and outdoor progress. With that time, hope you settle on the LU.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
good to hear that straight from the source, HATTER.

welcome aboard.

Be great to see you join Greiser as our Bucks/Montco reps at LU for the next few years!
Election 2022 and 2024

https://x.com/thevivafrei/status/180134784697[…]

2025 Recruiting Discussion

It's good to see us bringing in some quality recru[…]

2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]